Weddings this spring/summer?

1. Anyone getting married this spring/summer? None of my friends are this summer, I miss all of the wedding chatter! Dish about the details...the locale, the dress, flowers, etc. It's fun to hear about other people's wedding plans :p
  2. No, and I am glad! :lol: :shame: I was in a wedding last summer, it was hell on earth! Over 400 people attended the ceremony, and just our luck, the air conditioner breaks - in June, in FLORIDA! Everyone was sweating buckets, especially us bridesmaids in the long, heavy, hot dresses. The bachelorette party was a bust, the strip club we went to was awful, and the bride got so drunk she puked and passed out on the party bus early into the night. A couple of the bridesmaids hated each other, so everyone was taking sides. Thank goodness I live 3 hours away :wacko: Oh, and the photographer and videographer were at odds the entire time. I thought they would have it out on the dance floor :lol:

After that experience, I decided that I am eloping. Really! :p

But that's not to say I don't love hearing about weddings. I just don't want to be in one for a long time, and I don't want to plan my own! :p
  3. We received an invitation a couple of weeks ago, from my husband colleague, who just finalized his divorce, and is now marrying his Secretary.:suspiciou

4. My bf's brother is getting married. I am helping out with almost all of it. There is so match to do. They are having a huge 500+ wedding at the Waldorf Astoria at the end of the summer. This extensive planning hs convinced me that when my time comes I will definitely not have a big wedding. I have several weddings to attend this summer and several next spring and summer.
  5. I got married about 6 months ago (it was wonderful!), and am still partly active in a local wedding forum as an OMT. I'm supposed to help my brother plan his wedding, but being in a different town makes things a bit tricky. I've got to send him and his fiance all my wedding magazines. I love InStyle Weddings and Martha Stewart weddings, except they cost a bomb here in NZ.
  6. my cousin's wedding was last week. here are some photos i wanna share ...'twas a beautiful wedding ;)
    len's wedding too - 05.jpg flowergirl.jpg flowergril too.jpg
  7. My boyfriend's sister is getting married this summer :love: I'm SO excited!

They're planning to get married in Hawaii (err I don't know how I'm going to convince my parents to let me go but that's the least of my problem ;) ) and while I'm not involved in any of it, I do plan on being a guest!

I'm already looking for a cute summer dress to wear :nuts:
  8. OMG. How cute is that little girl?!?!! SOOO CUTE.

The bridemaid's dresses are BEAUTIFUL, perfect combo. Share more, share more!
  9. Yup!! You can go to the website for site info (it's at the bottom of my signature). The colors I've chosen are black, white, and red. My bridesmaids are wearing style 7415 in Ruby. It's an evening wedding, so we're doing black tie optional. We haven't selected a menu yet, but found a really great caterer. I'm flying to Kentucky today to get some more of the details figured out. I still have to meet with the cake guy and florist.
  10. seriously?:wacko:
  11. I'm a bridesmaid for a wedding in May. Color of the dress is light olive green with lots of sheen. Lots of bridesmaids drama so far. Bridal shower was on my birthday, April 8 and bachelorette party is next Saturday but no set plans yet. Again, as I mentioned, bridesmaids drama. I'm just the yes/no man among us bridesmaids. LOL.
  12. The last wedding I went to was at the end of October 2004. It was in Florida, on the water, and a hurricane hit during the reception. Our hotel room overlooked the water, and they had to sandbag our room, although it didn't help much. We were stuck there for an extra day without food. Not much fun.

I'm going to a wedding near Vegas at the end of the year, and I'm really excited about it. I haven't thought about what to wear yet, but I probably should try to jump on some dress sales soon!

13. Very !!!! I'm not sure if we are going to go. :sad2:
  14. I just got married four weeks ago tomorrow. We were married in Virigina in a beautiful manor overlooking the Potomac River. It was a morning wedding, a bit chilly outside, but the sky was clear blue and it was gorgeous. We had a brunch, jazz band, about 150 guests, and all of it went off without a single hitch. I can't believe it's over now. But the memories and the pictures--the pictures came out amazing. I wish I could post the professional ones but here is a pic of me and my dad as we walked down the aisle.
  15. I got married in August 2002. It was such a beautifully clear, gorgeous Southern California day. I live near the beach, so the view was breathtaking as well! I had the bridesmaids wear cute strapless summer dresses, but my whole feel was casual/cute. I myself had a total of 5 dress changes! First was the Korean dress (Korean ceremony-I'm Korean), then a Chinese dress (for the Chinese tea ceremony- husband's Chinese), Wedding dress, back to Chinese during dinner, and finally the second wedding gown (superstition is that you cannot wear your wedding gown more than once...this was to appease my MIL)! But all in all, my wedding day was the perfect day...not because everything went off without a hitch (i.e. my flower bouquet were changed on me without me knowing...etc.) but because we chose to not let anything bother us and just enjoyed the day! :love:
    wedding (2).jpg 2Tong Wedding 213 (2).jpg