wedding wardrobe disaster

1. A good friend of mine is getting married October 7th. It's just a small wedding but she still wants the traditional wedding with bridemaids and a dress. She's having 3 bridesmaids, with me being the Maid of Honor. She was going to put us all in the same dress, but one girl (who I don't know) hates everything the bride wants to put us in. So the bride how now told us to wear what we want. I really don't know what to wear now. Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to spend a lot because I'm afraid the wedding could be called off because she's already divorced this guy once and now they're getting remarried. Also it needs to be black. :shrugs:
  2. oooh Alison, that is a tricky situation ;)

I cannot believe one girl has complained, it is NOT her wedding, and she should not really have a say in what she is wearing, it is the brides special day after all.

I think you should maybe go for a strapless, cocktail style dress, as that way, you can wear it again for many things, and in black, it is much harder to tell that you have not spent a fortune on it ;)

This type of shape springs to mind, and its gorgeous :smile:

any more help, just let us know
  3. Hi alison, moxy73 (in a thread of hers) found some reasonably-priced and pretty black dresses on Macys. You might also care to check out Ann Taylor.

Macy*s - Women's - Apparel - Dresses

Macy*s - Women's - EVAN PICONE DRESS Beaded-Bodice Handkerchief Dress
    Evan Picone sale $88-99

Macy*s - Women's - Maggy London Matte Jersey Halter Dress with Hardware Detail
    Maggy London sale $96-99

Macy*s - Women's - ANNE KLEIN DRESS Strapless Georgette Ruched-Bodice Dress
    Anne Klein $194

Macy*s - Women's - Maggy London Halter Dress
    Maggy London $87-99 sale (pink pictured but black is available)

Macy*s - Women's - Donna Ricco Satin-Waistband Halter Dress
    Donna Ricco $138
    Macys Evan Picone dress.jpg Macys Maggy London.jpg Macys Anne Klein.jpg Macys Maggy London Halter Dress.jpg Macys Donna Ricco.jpg
  4. Saw this in this month's issue of Real Simple and was wowed by it! You can wear it as a skirt, a strapless dress, or a halter dress, so you needn't be stuck with something you'll never wear again.

Solid Convertible Tie-Waist Skirt: Norma Kamali for Spiegel