Wedding Talk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what?? Our appointment with the venue has been pushed up back to the first date. Haha!! This Friday is it!! YAHOO!! Originally it was this date, however my Mom got the keys early for her house so she figured she was moving this weekend so we pushed the appointment for the 26th at 11 am. But then I had work that afternoon so we had to push the appointment back til 4. However my Mom just told me that she special ordered some carpet for her house which won't be done til March 1st. However she's moving in the already done rooms on the last Saturday of the month which is the 27th. The 27th is the day of our engagement photos and the day after the appointment. I know as the moving date gets closer and closer she's going to be more and more busy, and more and more stressed. And I don't want to push our appointment back any longer, so I suggested we move our appointment back to the 12th so we can get it over with before she gets over whelmed with her house stuff. Haha!! Win!!

So me and DF were planning on putting down the deposit for our photographer today, but at 3:30 in the morning, I found someone else's work I thought was amazing, emailed him, and today found out he is available for our wedding! I emailed him back asking when we can meet! There I go, changing my mind at the last minute! :P

^ My DF is also totally against seeing me before the wedding (more so than me). We've talked about it before and he said no way would he see me before the wedding started. I guess he's old fashioned...

All the venues I'm looking at have a bar that the guests will be able to hang at or I could always make the gap smaller and just have to deal with missing most of the cocktail hour. I hate planning stuff! LOL

Hmmm... not sure where your wedding is, but maybe there is some other activity you could plan for them to cover the gap? One thing we considered was having a one-hour cruise during any lag time (although since we're doing pictures before, this is no longer necessary).

I'll admit, I am a total failure at keeping with traditions. We are doing a destination wedding and there is NO WAY I am sleeping in a room with anyone other than my future husband the night before! After all, it's my last night to sleep with my fiance! :graucho:

^ A destination wedding sounds great! I wouldn't mind having one myself, but I know a lot of family members would be really upset with us. The one tradition that we'll probably break is the whole being away from your fiance the night before. I would be lost not having him with me the night before. When we wake up that's when he can go away and not be seen again until the wedding hehe

Reactions: Brigitte Evans
I'm trying to think of colors now. I'm having a summer wedding so I want something cheery. I was thinking maybe Tiffany blue but having the flowers be pink since I also love pink.

you might consider tiffany blue with a lemon yellow. i have been seeing so many pics of lovely yellow and blue themed weddings lately!

like this:
http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/2008/01/board-117-amandas-blue-yellow-wedding.html

or this:
http://weddingnouveau.com/2009/09/annie-leibovitz-inspired-fairytale-wedding/

Status
Not open for further replies.