Wedding/engagement ring etiquette?

I wear mine all the time. Unless it is being cleaned or I have to take it off for surgery or something like that. I don't understand why you would have it and not wear it?? Why even waste the time to have one if you don't wear it. Just my opinion.

I wear mine all the time. I take it off to put on lotion, get cleaned or if I'm doing something like digging in dirt. I feel off without it. My husband spent a lot (for us anyway) on it, why would I not wear it and show it off? I know some women with certain jobs it is too hard to wear, but otherwise I don't understand why you would not want to wear it. But that is just me. My husband also always wears his wedding band. I prefer it that way, and have told him as much.
Because it's mine and I can do with it whatever the F I want, including having it and not wearing it? Diamonds and jewelry are not invincible. Hardest doesn't equal toughest, and wearing it for everything WILL damage the stone AND the ring. I don't prefer to put them in harms way, and I like to use my hands fully. Wearing jewelry on my hands prevents me from using my hands fully without damaging them and injuring my hands. Besides that, filing an insurance claim, and having to go through the trouble of replacing it all again is not on the top of my list of "fun things to do."

I take it off at the gym, sleeping, bathing or when I get home from work in general. It's typically worn out of the house - I don't want to risk damage since I tend to swing my hands around a lot... [emoji28]

Wow. Yes. Everyone can do whatever they want, what I said was my opinion, and was not directed at your comment in anyway. I just personally enjoy wearing my rings, and would feel weird without them. I know plenty of women that don't wear them, that is their choice. Doesn't mean I have to understand it. To each their own. I get not wanting to ruin your ring as well. I have a desk job, so typing will not ruin my ring lol. At least I hope not!

Yes everyone can do what they want :smile: let's not get too argumentative about others personal preferences [emoji5] I start a new desk job on Monday so I should've find to wear it to work and such. Sleeping is a new one I've heard. By bedtime I'm too exhausted to even remember it's there [emoji23]

I've heard of sleeping, too, but same...I'm too tired to take it off by then. And I did a few times but almost forgot to put it back on when left, so had to stop that plan lol. Good luck at your new job!

I lost a lot of weight since I got married, so my wedding band and e-ring fit very loosely and as a result aren't that comfortable for every day wear. So I don't wear them when I'm around the house, sleeping, working out, etc. Most of the time I only wear my wedding band when I go out....when I remember to. We don't plan on spending money for a replacement for a number of reasons.

I really don't think there is much of an "etiquette" when it comes to things like this. It pretty much comes down to doing whatever feels comfortable to you.

Reactions: ame
Well.. of course this is up to each couple to decide personnally... but I think both partners should always wear the ring unless it may be damaged in doing so. Another valid reason is if you work out and your hands get really hot and start swelling up.

Reactions: KCeboKing
I wear mine everyday but I take them off a lot.
I don't wear it for exercise, cleaning, sleeping, showering, cooking or on hideously hot or cold days (my hands swell during the heat and when its about freezing temperature my rings can burn my hands or because of gloves).
I wear mine if I am out or at work. I have a desk job and it doesn't seem to damage them in anyway.
When I first got mine I never used to wear them because Im clumsy, they are expensive and Id be very upset if something happened to them. It actually upset my fiancé (now husband) as he bought it for me to wear. So now I make a point of wearing them in less risky situations where I feel comfortable. I told him my concerns about losing/damaging it and he said he wouldn't be upset at all. He told me that if I wore it and I had an accident he would buy me another one as thanks for wearing it in the first place. Even though Id be upset if I did something to them, it is nice to spend some time wearing them. I get them checked and cleaned regularly and Im told they are in good condition.

Do what is best for you. Its different for everyone. :smile:

Reactions: KCeboKing
I wear mine all the time, except if I was making dough or immersing my hands in something oily or that would get into the settings. If I couldn't wear them daily, why have them? my feeling is that jewellery really takes on something of the wearer with time and I like the patina and little dings. They tell a story and I like that. Jewellery in museums makes me a little sad because I think it was really meant to be worn.

I wear mine all the time, except if I was making dough or immersing my hands in something oily or that would get into the settings. If I couldn't wear them daily, why have them? my feeling is that jewellery really takes on something of the wearer with time and I like the patina and little dings. They tell a story and I like that. Jewellery in museums makes me a little sad because I think it was really meant to be worn.
You must go and see the Etruskian collection at the Vatikan museums one day (if you haven't yet): I felt so gratefull, that we are still able to see those 1000's yrs old jewels. :heart: It completely changed my view on gold.