Wearing Kelly...

I've always hated the clochette, but it looks kinda nice on a Kelly. So, I keep the straps closed and buckled with only the turnlock on my 25cm (b/c of the ruthenium h/w, I don't like cadenas with it). I keep the lock on the loop part of the clochette and hang it around the handle loop. On my 20cms, I keep the straps closed and bluckled and always wear a cadena on the turnlock. I like the proportions of a charm on the 20cm size.

one strap shopmom??!! Okay...there's a new one lol! I use mine with straps a flappin' underneath, clochette on and flipped wherever it lands; hippo lock resting comfortably...I don't hang locks on the clochette either for fear of wear...and for some reason I never use the clochette on the birkin - nor a lock...

I take my clochette off sometimes because it may be too busy for the outfit that day. too much gold, kwim. I think if it bothers you, take rthe darn thing off!
Off the subject a bit....you know the rabbit ear problem with the handles on a Birkin??? I kind of fixed that by flipping the clochette on the opposite side of the handle that the clochette is hanging from. The handles now stand up!!! When I put my Birkin away the cadena or clochette is heavy enough to keep the opposite handle staight up! just thought I would mention on the flipping clochette subject....

I do this, too!

i buckle both straps unless i'm in a HUGE hurry -- doesn't really take me much time now that i'm used to doing it.

tip: close the flap, twist the latch, get one strap untwist latch attatch strap and re-twist latch, then grab the other strap and repeat. (sounds like a lot but it really only takes a few seconds.) i find trying to do it all at once actually takes longer.

unless i'm going formal i always have the shoulder strap attatched even though i usually carry the bag in my hand -- i just like the look, plus when i'm going through the port authority bus terminal on my way to work i wrap it several times around my wrist and then hold the handle. i figure this gives me a fighting chance if someone tries to snatch my bag.

Since I have used my Kelly so much I am pretty quick about opening and closing it so I take the time to close it properly, I think it looks better that way. I did try locking the straps and then putting the main flap over it but it just didn't look right. I don't let the straps dangle anymore because I am afraid of damaging the turnlock. I used to wear the lock and clochette with it all the time but I took them off a little while ago and have not put them back on. The shoulder strap is always attached unless I am going to a nice restaurant.

Do you use the clochette and lock, DQ?

sometimes -- in truth i think they're kind of silly, since who ever really locks her handbag? but such an iconic part of the kelly that i find a bit of fond nostalgia for them. i don't do cadenases or scarves, though -- unless i'm wearing a scarf and i take it off.

Thanks, all! I so appreciate your feedback!!! Hehehe...I have attempted to follow instructions... Straps open for me... :yes:

Attachments

• WearingKelly.JPG
    WearingKelly.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 382
Maybe it's just me, but I love the look of the lock dangling off of the handle hardware...I think it looks chic and I just love the extra touch of gold or whatever color hardware you have...

I don't have a kelly yet, but the herbag is pretty simlar in style, so...

I do a combination of leaving the flap open and closed- depends on how much of a rush I'm in and how soon I know I need to get into it again.

I use the clochette hanging down with the lock through the loop... I also have the problem of it flipping arounf to the back.

..... I did try locking the straps and then putting the main flap over it................ The shoulder strap is always attached unless I am going to a nice restaurant.

Diana, you tried locking the straps underneath the flap but say it did not look right....I agree, but, it IS an option that works pretty well if the leather is soft like with a Clemence bag....you can leave the straps locked and just put the flap over and turn your turnkey if you are going to be in and out of the bag a lot. ( please see picture link below:smile: )

Another option is to lock just one strap up under the flap and leave the other to dangle.

As to the shoulder strap, mine is always attached to every Kelly and I use it, probably 90% of the time.
Whatever works for a Lady is what she should do, I feel:yes:

Attachments

• kellystrapsunder.JPG
    kellystrapsunder.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 280
Reactions: NRC1983
attachment.php

Yeah .... this is exactly what I do with my Kelly .... Someone ever commented to me that a strapped up Kelly (i.e. straps in the right places fastened by the turnkey) is a frigid Kelly :wtf: (no offence to anyone :Push: )