Water births and hospitals??

1. This might be a stupid question but being a first time soon-to-be-mom, I have no clue! :blush:

Do hospitals offer water births or does that depend on your doc and hospital?

Does a doctor even help with those or are they strictly dictated by doulas, etc?? :confused1:

2. I think Lamistella had a waterbirth (or something like it), she can definitely give you some insight on that! :yes:

3. ^By the way that is a cute u/s photo you have!!! I know your baby is going to be an absolute cutie pie .. :biggrin: :biggrin:

4. :flowers: You are a doll!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for such a great compliment!

I'm so excited!

5. I had a water birth at my hospital, and I could only recommend it...I want to have another with my next baby (whenever that is). If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me or just write in here - I'd be happy to help! :smile:

6. Oh, and here are the answers to the questions you posed:

It really depends on the hospital. Not all hospitals offer water births, so you really have to call ahead and ask. I know that most Birthing Centers do offer them, and you would be assisted by a midwife/doula. Some hospitals have birthing centers within the facility, so if you're worried about not being able to get to the hospital in time in case something happens, then that's your safest bet.

During my water birth, my midwife was there, along with the doctor and a few med students (I was asked before hand if they were allowed in the room, I didn't mind). :smile:

7. ^^great! I'm going to PM you then with more questions :yes:. Thanks so much!!!!!

8. Okay, no problem! :smile:

Your baby looks adorable from it's little 3D ultrasound picture!! Are you having a boy or a girl, or are you letting it be a surprise? :biggrin:

Not too much longer for you!!

9. This would be my method of choice, possibly even done in my own home (I am 5 min. from a hospital just in case).

10. Errrrr, IDK what happened to this post??

Ignore :smile:

11. Chiara, I was watching the German version of "A Baby Story" this morning as J was sleeping, and there was a woman who had a water birth in her own home. She was somehow able to rent one of those huge hospital tubs and put it in her bedroom. She seemed to have a pretty good experience :smile:

Would you want to do it alone or would you have a midwife, doula, etc there?

12. Midwife, doula, reiki healer and shaman(doctor on call, just in case). I don't mess around!

13. may i know what is water birth? never heard before anything like that. thanks

14. A water birth is just what it sounds like. A woman gives birth in a large pool of water. It helps to relieve pain and to progress labor along a bit. Mine was great!