Watch Out!! Fake Paypal Emails!!!

1. Hey guys be careful, just tonight I have received 2 emails from 'Paypal Security Center" & Subject: "Accounts Management", that looked strange. I forwarded them to the address and they verified that THE EMAILS WERE NOT SENT BY PAYPAL. So if you get anything from paypal asking you to verify your account, DON'T FOLLOW THE LINK. Go directly to the paypal website and login to your account, if you need to do anything, it will be there, not through the email link. Below is the text of the fake emails I received.
    Be careful!!!!

Dear valued PayPal member:

It has come to our attention that your PayPal account information needs to be
    updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to
    reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes
    out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into
    any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension.
    Please update your records on or before July 06, 2007.

Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal session will not be
    interrupted and will continue as normal.

To update your PayPal records click on the following link:

Thank You.
  2. yeah, just make sure any emails from paypal are addressed to you by name, not dear member or whatever
  3. The newest scams have your name on them-I always forward first, and then if it turns out to be real later on they let you know. I don't know how they are getting names, but that is the newest thing they are doing.
  4. Oh! I got one of those emails! I was like, whhhhha?

It said something about my latest transaction PP ######, my account was going to be restricted.

So, I logged on to Paypal...nothing.

Stupid Paypal/eBay spoofs.
  5. Yup, I get those almost daily. Like LVmom said, always forward them to PayPal (Or eBay in those instances) and if they're legit, they'll surely let you know!
    The sure give away is when you open the item, it takes you to a URL that has NOTHING to do with PayPal. Check your browser next time and you can see it. So never enter your personal info!