Was it a compliment?

You know...this is kinda of juvenile, but then again, you guys are in high school...but, have you asked any of his friends what he thinks about you?

I mean, at this point, someone needs to grow a set and make the first move! Tell him you've been really wanting to see a certain movie, but didn't have anyone to go with, and you didn't want to go alone. That's an open invite for him to offer to take you. Something needs to get this rolling. I need some action here!!

Make sure you're flirting with him. When you're next to him, stand close. Brush up against him. When he's talking to you, look him in the eyes, smile, and laugh at his jokes. Lean towards him so you're showing interest (and a bit of cleavage). Touch his leg or arm when you're telling him a story.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: this is by far, my favourite thread.... you are so cute and young Missy, :heart: , oh, i remember those days :heart: :heart: :heart:

He knows unless he's blind deaf and dumb. Everyone knows and 2 weeks ago Daddy outright told his Dad. I don't know what the hold up is if there's something on his end....this can only mean one thing...he doesn't feel the same way as I do.

I think its a compliment
but I think he wants to see more of you (by the way it sounds)

like.. your pic looks good... got any others or
your pic looks good... I'm curious to know if yoú're that good looking in real life etc

GOOD LUCK...

l....it's just hard not knowing. And I have no one to ask that will give me a solid answer.

Okay. We all tried. How bout just come out and ask the guy??? Ask him to the movies, ask him over to play video games. I know, I know. "What if he rejects me?" Thats just the chance you have to take sometimes in life. Everyone gets rejected at least once in life. Its part of growing up. If you really like this guy, you'll chance it. Sometimes guys do need a ton of bricks to fall on their head. If you are too scared to do this, then there are no magic words or deeds that are going to bring about the perfect outcome for you. Take the chance or just be content in the way things are.

Than again, I AM just 17 and he's 22...Dad says that's all it is....that and he's a full time student without a job, which is what HIS Dad says is the problem.

I don't know what his deal is....I just know that I hurt when I look at him...he's just....everything. Anyway, here's the latest pic of him...he took it this morning. Don't ask what he's doing. But he's in his apartment all dolled up for something. He's done some crappy dye job to his hair that I don't like...oh well, his hair grows fast...

Attachments

• Isaac.jpg
    Isaac.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 41
Somehow by looking at his photo he doesn't exactly seem like the "shy" type. I have always been of the belief that if a guy wants to be with you, he will FIND A WAY! :shrugs: I remember what it was like to be that young and "in love." It can be tough if things don't go your way! You are a beautiful girl and you seem like a sweetheart. Just know that if he isn't interested PLENTY of other guys will be! :yes:

He's shy when he's not at church...around his preacher father...when he's not at church it's different. But it's seeing him AWAY from church that's hard. He keeps saying I need to come down and help him out on one of his movies and I keep saying call me and I'll be there, but the damn phone never rings. He's so funny. (Cute story: someone asked Mama one time why she married my Daddy and she said "cause he makes me laugh" and the other day something was said about why I liked Isaac and I, without thinking said "He makes me laugh" and Mama wahooed.)

How would I go about being very casual about it...I'm writing a screenplay for him and I told him we needed to go out and talk about it some night and he said "Sounds good. Definatly." How do I tell him that it's almost finished needing director/producer/co-star approval?

There's this thing at church coming up in 2 weeks, it's a prayer meeting class type thing for all the young married, almost married, dating age, couples in our church, and my best friend is coming with her boyfriend, who is insane....HE will tell Isaac if nothing else....this is just getting way to far out of hand....he needs to know and I need to know whether to keep on hoping and believeing that my heart isn't lying to me or to GIVE THE HELL UP!

Guys...this is too much...

^^^ maybe, at the moment that he said "Sounds good, definetely. " or "Come down, help me out" just aswered it, "ok, i'll come down tonight" and.......... SHOW UP GEORGEUSLY !!!!!! But dont overdo it. Let see what happened.

I am pretty sure that he knows that you like him... maybe, he is not pretty sure that he likes you (I'm sorry baby, :sad:(((( ) or...... he likes you he just dont know what to do to make a move on you. Plus, having your dad talk to his like that, i'm sure it is quite strong pressure for him.

Do you know if his parents like you? I remembered in our church group that parents approved the group dates with the older kids; if they didn't think the kids should be together, it was a big no-no to go behind the 'rents back.

Oh yeah, his parents like me. Our familes have always been close...really close. His Mom is just the sweetest woman alive.

The way Daddy and David, Isaac's Dad, were talking was very casual. Like "we're waiting on the wives and the kids to quit gabbing so we can go eat." (It's a southern thing.) They were standing at the back door of the church while we were all still up front talking. And they were talking about this young couples prayer meeting/seminar thing we're having and David said he had always told Isaac to hold out for a nice girl the same faith and all and Daddy said that's what he'd always told me and then he said "She's got her sights on a guy now, and I don't have to tell you who it is. Just look up there at them. If Isaac ever asks her out she'll melt like a snowman on a summer day. She'll be like candle wax drippin down the pew." Or something to that effect. I don't think it was so much pressuring David to tell Isaac as it was giving David the news to give to Isaac for him to do what he will with it.

Isaac is a gorgeous guy and yes, girls fall all over him wherever he goes. I guess I'm just one of the masses.

Well, that's rather obvious that you're interested. The more this goes on, the more I'm thinking he's not interested. If he's almost out of college, he might simply feel you're too young for him. Technically, you're still underage...and for a few more months. Plus, I know you say you act normal around him, but listening to your words you write about him, you almost sound obsessed. I mean, you're posting pics of him in the sig other thread. Which, hey, we've all gotten too wrapped up in the thought of someone, but he has to sense this. I think you might want to back off and look somewhere else.

Somehow by looking at his photo he doesn't exactly seem like the "shy" type. I have always been of the belief that if a guy wants to be with you, he will FIND A WAY! :shrugs: I remember what it was like to be that young and "in love." It can be tough if things don't go your way! You are a beautiful girl and you seem like a sweetheart. Just know that if he isn't interested PLENTY of other guys will be! :yes:

im afraid ITA ...as u say he is only shy when around his dad, and i would say he is his real self when parents are not around, so not so shy at all looks to me ...i used to spend months analyzing every move, every look , every word of a guy that i liked ( sweet teenage years :yes: ) and if it took so long it usually turned out that "he just wasnt that interested " - as in the memorable episode of Sex and the City!