*WARNING RM WEBSITE'S BEEN BREACHED - CHECK YOUR BANK STATEMENTS*

Mar 28, 2015
Basically, Rebecca Minkoff sent me a letter via USPS stating that my name, address, paypment card aka all my personal information used to check out may have been compromised (funny how I still constantly getting e-mails of their recent promo's and online deals but not an e-mail about their website being hacked, hmm)

So ladies if you've purchased anything since On or After August 10, 2016, please check your bank statements and credit score etc. I've had it up to HERE with RM and her lack of customer service. I don't think I'll be purchasing anything else from her anytime soon. What ticks me off is she obviously cares more about making money rather than helping her customers. Shame on you RM. Posting screenshots in the next post.

Reactions: EvieSeb5671
Seems like they have more people on staff to promote their products rather than staff who can help customers with problems with their products, shipping, or even just questions.

backstory: I purchased an item online during the summer sale. I had buyer's remorse and wanted to switch the color instead of canceling the order. I called customer service first thing in the morning (as soon as it was open) and it rang endlessly and then gave me an automated message. This happened 8 times. I really wanted to have this fixed before they shipped out. I posted a comment to their Instagram and they informed me to DM them. I did, then once I sent them a DM, I called and finally someone on the other end answered and got it settled. Prior to me calling, I sent them an email and no response (sent the email in September and it's now November and no email back lol)

1479243238916.png

Reactions: justapixel
Frankly RM should shut down their eshop and only sell through their brick and mortar stores or distributors. The eshop is under-staffed and under-designed, the QC sucks because they send out so many duds, and now there is a security breach. It's creating so much ill will. Recently I bought a RM guitar strap and I chose to buy it from Shopbop over RM.com because of free shipping and returns. I don't think I will ever buy anything from RM's website again.

This is an interesting recent article in the light of our complaints about QC and customer service. I didn't know that the company had never made a profit but surely they did in the early days when rapidly expanding. I actually think RM needs an experienced CEO to run the ship. It's grown beyond the abilities of the Minkoffs to manage.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/01/rebecca-minkoff-seeks-cash-to-grow-handbag-business/

Reactions: finer_woman
Addressing Poor customer service should be just as important as growing the brand. You can not grow a brand, keep your good reputation intact, and be successful with crap customer service. Whoever is managing the website needs to step up their game too - the descriptions are incomplete & product questions go unanswered leaving potential sales hanging or missed because the customer got sick of waiting for an answer to simple questions and purchased something else somewhere else. Having to resort to social media to get a response is ridiculous. Even if you get a dud product... but you receive outstanding service during the return/exchange, you are much more apt to be a repeat even loyal customer.

Yes I got the same letter. I've tried calling but all I ever get is a voicemail. I am also done buying from RM.

I've given up trying to get ahold of them. It makes me even more mad whenever I see a new post to their official instagram or when I see on snapchat that they are VERY active...

Whoever from her team responds to the TPF pinned post can take a look at how bad their business reputation is becoming comes across this thread, please fix the issues we're having!

Frankly RM should shut down their eshop and only sell through their brick and mortar stores or distributors. The eshop is under-staffed and under-designed, the QC sucks because they send out so many duds, and now there is a security breach. It's creating so much ill will. Recently I bought a RM guitar strap and I chose to buy it from Shopbop over RM.com because of free shipping and returns. I don't think I will ever buy anything from RM's website again.

I totally agree with you! And the best part is, have you ever tried to leave a rating on the products you buy on her website? I'm not sure how it is on other people's browsers but I use the most updated version of Chrome and I can't for the life of me leave any type of feedback because her website has a bug that has yet to be fixed. So how can I inform other people of how great/sh*t quality the product might be? I can't! So some poor woman might buy the same bag I purchased and receive a dud... ugh.

Addressing Poor customer service should be just as important as growing the brand. You can not grow a brand, keep your good reputation intact, and be successful with crap customer service. Whoever is managing the website needs to step up their game too - the descriptions are incomplete & product questions go unanswered leaving potential sales hanging or missed because the customer got sick of waiting for an answer to simple questions and purchased something else somewhere else. Having to resort to social media to get a response is ridiculous. Even if you get a dud product... but you receive outstanding service during the return/exchange, you are much more apt to be a repeat even loyal customer.

You're absolutely right. I've had a problem with some of my Kate Spade products but guess what - I always always always can get a CSA on the phone and they're always so friendly and helpful... they really take a lot of stress off my shoulders. I'm sorry RM but do better.

Does her site take PayPal too?
Im actually not sure, anyone know?

I was hoping someone would make this topic... I also got the letter, too. I did a search on the RM Team topic and it seems I've indeed purchased something after 8/10 (cripes)! I've been monitoring my statements but I never noticed anything suspicious otherwise my bank would have notified me. I contacted RM on Facebook and they directed me to Equifax's customer service. I was surprised because I was expecting RM's customer service number, not Equifax. They didn't even explain to me what is going on, they just told me to call this number. No explanations, nothing. What's worse is they haven't even posted on their social media that their site has been hacked. Companies like Target, Neiman Marcus... have all been hacked and they've posted an update on their social media. Not RM. Ridiculous. And her poor customers continue to (or attempt to) purchase from her site completely unaware that it's been hacked.

I called Equifax and the customer service rep was unaware of RM's site being hacked. I had to explain it to her and she looked it up. I told her I haven't bought anything from RM for awhile so I think I'm safe. Good luck to everyone who is affected, hopefully those hackers haven't emptied your bank accounts yet. :sad:

Last edited:
Reactions: lotusflowerbaum
I was hoping someone would make this topic... I also got the letter, too. I did a search on the RM Team topic and it seems I've indeed purchased something after 8/10 (cripes)! I've been monitoring my statements but I never noticed anything suspicious otherwise my bank would have notified me. I contacted RM on Facebook and they directed me to Equifax's customer service. I was surprised because I was expecting RM's customer service number, not Equifax. They didn't even explain to me what is going on, they just told me to call this number. No explanations, nothing. What's worse is they haven't even posted on their social media that their site has been hacked. Companies like Target, Neiman Marcus... have all been hacked and they've posted an update on their social media. Not RM. Ridiculous. And her poor customers continue to (or attempt to) purchase from her site completely unaware that it's been hacked.

I called Equifax and the customer service rep was unaware of RM's site being hacked. I had to explain it to her and she looked it up. I told her I haven't bought anything from RM for awhile so I think I'm safe. Good luck to everyone who is affected, hopefully those hackers haven't emptied your bank accounts yet. :sad:
I think also you need to call the number they give you in the letter or go on the website. I have and you get 3 free bank statements. You can use it all at once or one at a time, one thing I'm worried about is identity theft (even though it might not be possible, the thought of someone else having my full name address and bank info. Is unsettling) I'll be monitoring my accounts closely from now on.

You're totally right, why haven't they gone on their social media platforms to alert customers???? And to add to it, they knew in October! I just received the letter 3 days ago. Not even a mass email was sent out? Really??? Thank God I didn't make another purchase on her site.

Rebecca Minkoff first of all has so/so quality on her bags. I love my regan, spacious huge bag that I fill with a good amount of my things, and I'm not going to lie although it's beautiful it doesn't feel like it'll hold up in daily use. The leather is flimsy and I'd never buy this bag at full price. So what I mean to say is her quality is sh** and her lack of customer service doesn't help either. I think a lot of people are complaining about it but they don't give a d***. She's been on snapchat all day today it seems like.

Something needs to improve or she'll be out of business quick.

Ok I was wrong... I looked at the RM Team topic again and it turns out my last purchase was actually made on August 2nd, here [click]. And if you scroll down, you notice that I did receive the item on 8/8. The date that was AFTER August 10th was me complaining about RM's return process, which was on 8/17-18. So I guess I'm safe from this hacking fiasco. Thank goodness.

And about those statements, I logged into my bank's site and looked at my past statements, for some reason I don't see any RM-related transaction dating 8/2. I have 2 PayPal transactions from 8/2-5 but they're deposits, not withdrawals. I even looked at PayPal's past transactions and yet.. the RM transaction's not there either. So I guess I must've used a different card to pay for it. Well, whatever that card was... I already closed it along with a bunch of other credit cards a few months ago so I'm safe. I haven't gotten a call from the bank so it's okay. Phew!

I've moved on from RM awhile back but I did purchase her guitar strap at Nordstrom. I wanted to buy her fur charms and small Vanity satchel when they go on clearance but I'll just save that money and buy Coach and Kate Spade instead. I've been lusting over Coach's 1941 collection and yearn to one day buy their floral applique Rogue satchels, saddle bag, or even their Dinky. :loveeyes: Kate Spade is seriously drawing me in with their awesome novelty accessories, too. Oh, and did I mention the Etsy seller NativeRainbow is making me drool so hard with her lovely bags, too? :girlsigh: Rebecca needs to get a grip and stop being all "me! me! me!" and focus on her damn customers. Her instagram is littered with complaints. And she's been snapchatting all day, too? So pathetic. No wonder her quality has gone to s***. I've contemplated getting the Regan but I can't get over how cheap the leather looks. Especially when compared to Coach's luscious 1941 leather. *drools*

mellopan - I'm sorry you purchased her bags on her website without knowing about this... definitely keep an eye on your statements. I honestly doubt RM even fixed her site. She and her team doesn't care at all. Best of luck, I hope everything goes well for you!

I've given up trying to get ahold of them. It makes me even more mad whenever I see a new post to their official instagram or when I see on snapchat that they are VERY active...

Whoever from her team responds to the TPF pinned post can take a look at how bad their business reputation is becoming comes across this thread, please fix the issues we're having!

I totally agree with you! And the best part is, have you ever tried to leave a rating on the products you buy on her website? I'm not sure how it is on other people's browsers but I use the most updated version of Chrome and I can't for the life of me leave any type of feedback because her website has a bug that has yet to be fixed. So how can I inform other people of how great/sh*t quality the product might be? I can't! So some poor woman might buy the same bag I purchased and receive a dud... ugh.

You're absolutely right. I've had a problem with some of my Kate Spade products but guess what - I always always always can get a CSA on the phone and they're always so friendly and helpful... they really take a lot of stress off my shoulders. I'm sorry RM but do better.

Im actually not sure, anyone know?
Re PayPal>>Yes. Some of my purchases were made via PayPal via her website.

Re CS>>It is truly the worst CS I have experienced...EVER. Largely because it is nonexistent. If her on-sale items have not been so reasonable, I would not use their e-commerce at all. Luckily, I have had no issue with defective and/or missing items. I have a really OCD habit of checking online reviews or TPF prior to placing an order (especially for handbags/accessories as I would be less inclined to return the item(s).

Just got my letter last night. I always check my credit card statements carefully so I'm not too worried - for now!
I've purchased online twice since August. Which reminds me - I guess I should do a reveal of some things at some point....hmmm! :graucho:
Which ALSO reminds me that I emailed RM CS almost 2 weeks ago about not getting dust bags with my most recent purchase and still no response - based on what I've been reading on here, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
I've been dealing with CS with both Fashionphile and FedEx for about a month on another situation, so RM's lack of response to my email about dust bags is not as high on my priority list as it normally would (Even though I have spent a lot of $$ at RM in the past couple of months - just send the darn dust bags!)
The pattern I am seeing here is crappy CS is everywhere and I'm and really surprised and irritated by it all! :cursing: :mad: