WARNING! New Paypal scam!

1. I just wanted to let everyone know there is a new paypal scam going around. I got a email this morning & it looked just like it was from paypal & even had my full name that is on my paypal account & the email address is service@paypal. It will be from the Resolution Center. It starts out...... Dear & my full name. I almost clicked the link but instead I sent it to spoof@paypal & it turned out to be a fake. It looks like the crooks are getting better & better:cursing:

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system.
    We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information about your business to allow us to provide uninterrupted service.
    We would like to return your account to regular standing as soon as possible
    To continue using PayPal's service without interruption, you will need to answer a few questions about your account and you may be asked to complete a short series of steps on the PayPal website. The purpose of this is to verify your identity and business information, as applicable.
    (Your case ID for this reason is PP-710-166-179-945.)
    How can I return my account to regular standing?
    Please visit the xxxxxxxxxxxxx and complete the "Steps to Provide More Information." Completing all the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.
    We appreciate your business and apologise for any inconvenience.

PayPal Account Review Department

[​IMG]About Us
    Founded in 1998, PayPal, an eBay Company, enables any individual or business with an email address to securely, easily and quickly send and receive payments online.

PayPal's service builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards and utilizes the world's most advanced proprietary fraud prevention systems to create a safe, global, real-time payment solution.
    [​IMG] Location
    Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was acquired by eBay Inc. in October, 2002.
  2. Oh no, that's not new. I remember being informed about that about a year ago. Whenever I get e-mails from paypal requesting that I verify my account, I delete them. Or if you're curious as to the matter, you can read the e-mail, but NEVER respond through the link provided within the e-mail. If you'd really like to be cautious, call paypal customer service and ask if they're sending out such e-mails.
  3. Although this is not a new scam, thanks for posting it as a reminder.:flowers:
  4. OMG i received this as well but when i went to my paypal account is true my account is limited, do you think mine is real?, i am so worry!! please help
  5. The OP should remove the link so nobody clicks on it.
    provided in the original post:yes:

good thinking Tura*Satana:flowers::flowers:
  7. when you get a email like that- which im sure everyone does-- you can forward it to spoof@paypal.com. they will look into it and send you a email letting you know that is a fake email.also to check to see if the link is from paypal,put the cursor over the link and the bottom will tell you the site link. hope this helps!
  8. Don't do anything until you call PayPal to confirm.
  9. I received this before, too. I didn't believe it. "More information"? Paypal only contacts me for payment verification and it's been that way since I started using their service.

Thanks for the reminder, though. I become complacent sometimes.
  10. I have gotten those too. I just forward them to spoof and forget about them!
  11. If you send a spoof email to eBay, you will always get an auto - response that it is a spoof email, (whether it is or not) and not to click on any links.

Even if you send a valid paypal email to spoof @ ebay or paypal, you will still get an auto response telling you that it is a spoof.

Doesn't do any good to forward to Ebay or Paypal.

Go to the seller board on ebay or the paypal board on ebay and ask about the auto-response of spoof emails sent to ebay/paypal.

No matter what you send to spoof@paypal.com.........it will always come back and tell you it's a spoof. Again, whether it is or not.
  12. I sent it to the Mods to get deleted. Hopefully. :yes: