Warning for Fall Act I Washed Caviar Mini with big stiches

tramcaro

Fixer!
O.G.
Oct 3, 2008
Hi ladies,

As some od you may be aware, I just bought the charcoal washed caviar mini with big stiching and only used it once. Today, while using it for the second time, I noticed the stich on the corner of the flap already came loose. Brought back to Chanel store but couldn't get a new one for exchange as it's sold out across Canada. Chnael is sending it out to have the stitching reinforced.

I was told that because the stiches are not embeded in the leather like the classic stitching, it will be prone to coming loose if snagged onto something more easily than the classic stitches.

I love the bag, the stiching style, and the hardware, so don't really mind a whole lot to have the bag sent out for repair. I also don't expect my bags to stay pristine with use. However, please be aware of this as potential downfall of this style of stitching, especially if you get bothered by these quality issues.

Hi ladies,

As some od you may be aware, I just bought the charcoal washed caviar mini with big stiching and only used it once. Today, while using it for the second time, I noticed the stich on the corner of the flap already came loose. Brought back to Chanel store but couldn't get a new one for exchange as it's sold out across Canada. Chnael is sending it out to have the stitching reinforced.

I was told that because the stiches are not embeded in the leather like the classic stitching, it will be prone to coming loose if snagged onto something more easily than the classic stitches.

I love the bag, the stiching style, and the hardware, so don't really mind a whole lot to have the bag sent out for repair. I also don't expect my bags to stay pristine with use. However, please be aware of this as potential downfall of this style of stitching, especially if you get bothered by these quality issues.
Thank you for the heads up. I had been looking for this exact bag in the US but was not able to find it. I guess now I will cross it off my list as a potential option. It's sooo pretty though! Hopefully yours comes back perfect. Any idea how the stitching came loose?

Thank you for the heads up. I had been looking for this exact bag in the US but was not able to find it. I guess now I will cross it off my list as a potential option. It's sooo pretty though! Hopefully yours comes back perfect. Any idea how the stitching came loose?

Honestly, I have no idea, since I barely used it, and didn't bang onto anything yet so far... I expect to happen eventually, just not after 1st use.

Hi ladies,

This is really helpful! Thank you so much for sharing this information with us!

Will you keep us updated as well? I have one coming on Saturday, and now am nervous! Do you love your bag btw?

Will do. I have an old jumbo washed caviar bijoux in charcoal so I thought that I knew what to expect, but this is different. It's a sturdier caviar (good as mini's look better when they keep their shape imo), but very matt. It was posted to me and when I opened it in the office I was a bit thrown, but when I got it home, looked at it properly and then in the daylight and tried it on with a few things - I love it. My rhw has a bit of shiny silver coming through which I like as it adds to the texture mix of the leather and the stitches. I agree with the initial comments, this is a more easy to wear mini, more casual. I have a few mini's thus like having this option. Good luck, it's sold out everywhere so you did well to find it!

Reactions: traumamama