Want more wine? MAB from Lunaboston is here!

1. I ordered both the matinee (from delcina) and the MAB (from lunaboston) with the idea that I would get both and then decide which one I wanted to keep once I saw them.

Well, now that I have them, I'm going to have to say the matinee is the definite winner. I actually had a feeling it would be before the MAB even got here, but I wasn't 100% positive. Anyway, the MAB is actually darker than the matinee and actually has some brown undertones rather than the berry undertones of the matinee. This makes the color more burgundy and less dark red (if that makes any sense). Its a pretty color, but not what I was going for.

I think this MAB has been returned a couple of times to Luna boston, and I'm not sure if it was the dark color or if it was the fact that the top near the handles is lighter than the rest of the bag. I don't think it detracts from the beauty of the bag, but I could see it bothering some people. The leather is spectacular, though, on the MAB - super smooth, soft, glossy, and silky.

Anyway, I know there were a number of people on here interested in a wine MAB, so I wanted to let them know I would be returning mine to Luna boston, but I also wanted to document the color just so that they would know exactly what to expect. This bag deserves a good home, and if someone orders it expecting the color to be like what we've seen on the matinees, then they may end up being disappointed.

Also, I threw in a tomato Balenciaga, which is kind of what I imagine the ruby or upcoming popsicle red to be like - that way you can get an idea of how dark the red is on the wine.
    wine.jpg wine2.jpg
  2. [​IMG]

3. I did want to add more thing - some people might wonder if the MAB might actually be berry rather than wine, but I can say with confidence, it is not. The berry has definite purple undertones, which the wine MAB does not.
  4. *drool*
  5. I have to agree, I like the redness on the matinee, congrat's its a beautiful bag.
  6. Ah......so YOU got that Wine Matinee at Delcina!

I hope you enjoy her......I'm hoping to find one someday at a good price. Looks like a gorgeous bag.

7. I agree, the matinee looks better.....congrats!
  8. Yup. I kept hoping for a code, but when I got the e-mail with the valentines special that said 35% of the sale of that bag would go to the "Make a Wish Foundation", I figured that was good enough!
  9. I know. I saw that and I couldn't think of a better place for that money to go. I think it's an amazing cause.....that purchase was a definite "win-win"

So my search continues! Thanks for posting the pics.....it truly shows what a gorgeous bag that Wine is.....esp the Matinee. :tup:
  10. All your bags are beautiful. I do love the Matinee in the wine -- excellent choice and enjoy! The MA wine color next to it looks "muddy"/dense/darker -- something! compared to the wine Matinee.
  11. Oh wow. Now I'm starting to regret not jumping the gun on that Wine Matinee LOL! Congratulations though :biggrin: it's a beautiful red indeed!

And that BBag is gorgeous as well :biggrin:
  12. I can't take my eyes off the Bal! but I agree with most, that Mat is gorgeous.