Wallet recommendations?

1. I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, as I am new and although I have been diligently trying to get up to speed, I am still waaaaay behind here...
    I have become interested, after seeing posts and photos of the bearn and azap wallets, in getting an H wallet of some sort. I have been carrying an epi leather LV wallet for ages and it is compact and incredibly durable. I truly do not worry about it at all. Ideally I'd like to not have to baby a wallet, and would prefer it to be on the smaller side (but still carry a few cards, bills, and change).
    Would you Hermes wallet-carriers please let me know what you would suggest? If you happen to know the retail prices too, that would be great too.

2. Compact Bern wallet would be gorgeous, Pepper. I'll see if I can find a pic for you......

3. How about a Dogon compact wallet? I just bought one to house my Motorola Q phone and I love it! It is togo and I think it cost $1,000.

compacts.JPG
  4. I think a compact Bearn or Dogon would be lovely. I used to carry a compact LV wallet, and I loved the durability, but it was pretty heavy. I have a full sized bi-fold Bearn in Chevre, and it is light as a feather. Retail is around $1,580. For the Bearn, if you like durability and don't want to worry about scratches, try Chevre for leather. I don't know if Bearns come in Togo? If not, I know that Dogons do. I'll dig around my Japanese catalogs and see if I can take some pix of interiors.

5. Here are pix of the compact Bearn, and a photo of the bi-fold and tri-fold Bearns, and the interior of the compact Dogon (lower right--sorry, it's a bit cut off):

CIMG1415.jpg CIMG1416.jpg CIMG1417.jpg
  6. I have and love the azap wallet but it is not small......but very very durable and a fun color I highly would recommend! I am myself thinking of a compact bearn and would love to see a pic of that -- for my smaller bags or evening...

7. Thanks everyone, this is super helpful. I like bright colors in small accessories, especially if inside a neutral bag.

8. You could also get a zip agenda in a smaller size. They have credit card slots and the metal clip to hang a calendar or notepad in addition to a sleeve for currency. I like that they zipper so nothing ever falls out and they come in bunches of colors.

9. I love the Azap, that's what I have. The zip around ensures I don't lose anything, there is a zip compartment for coins, and 10 credit card slots and 4 bill slots. Paid SF2,450 for it, I think, can't really remember. But it's about there.

10. I like the Bearn wallet a lot as it is super lightweight!

11. ;) Pepper it's so funny. I was actually thinking of starting a thread to ask the same thing, I want a H wallet as well, but a long one, and do not know what to get, and was needing a recommendation of prices. thank u for the thread.

12. Do u guys have a pic of the Azap? So far, i like the bifold Bearn. Also, is there a waiting list for their wallets? Or do they have most in store? Any idea how much a bifold Bearn is? Sorry for so many questions at 1 go :shrugs:

13. jasanna,

See http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-reference-library/reference-members-hermes-items-18584-14.html?highlight=azap#post1008791

There is no waitlist for Bearn wallets at the store, and usually you would have a variety to choose from. You may want to decide beforehand, what type of leathers you like. Epsom is the most common, and chevre mysore IMO is the most luxurious for wallets. There is of course the occasional box calf but I find that with constant fingering/contact, you will get scratches very quickly.

Azap is not always available. You will need to call the H stores to enquire beforehand.

14. Pepper--one new observation about the compact Bearn vs. the compact Dogon. I was looking at them in the store last week, and while the compact Bearn has a billfold you can slide your bills into, the Dogon does not, which means you'll have to fold your bills and then tuck them in. Something to consider...although the durability and worry-free aspect of the Dogon is a selling point.

15. will have to check out Hermes next time i'm in the market for a girl wallet, which I hope is many years from now... I just copped this for my gf and she seems to love it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--Andrew