Wal-Mart $4 prescriptions

1. I don't know how many of you know this, but Wal-Mart introduced a new program this year that has about 360 prescriptions for just $4 flat, no special program necessary. I have health insurance, but the cost of my prescriptions are always more than $4. I've posted the link that has which prescriptions are included. This is really a great program, especially for those that don't have health insurance. They even have some birth control prescriptions for $9.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

2. Since it says "at a commonly prescribed dosage" I wonder what they do if you take something at like 8 times the common dosage? Would they charge you $4 X 8 or would they just charge the regular price?

3. It looks like they have the fertility drug clomid for $9. That is unreal!!

4. no controls, lame

im jk. i personally dont like the $4 prescriptions but only cause i'm biased and i work at a pharmacy. thankfully its only the cheap drugs that are on the list.

5. I think that's a great program for those who are low-income or do not have medical insurance that pays for prescriptions!!

6. I have no insurance but am not low income and I think it's a great idea. Maybe if we could get affordable meds here we wouldn't order them from out of the country like I do.

7. Certain drugs are priced higher in CA, CO, HI, MN, MT, PA, TN, WI, and WY due to state laws.

Figures...everything is more expensive in Hawaii....:hysteric:

8. too bad wal-mart customer service is a load of CRAP. their pharmacists and pharm.techs are quite rude and care more about profit than the health of their patients.

i rather go to Target and pay a little bit more than give any money to them. btw Target has the same offer without the *****y workers:
    http://sites.target.com/site/en/health/page.jsp?contentId=PRD03-004319

9. cool, i didnt know target had the $4 program also.

if you're over 65 years old and are a member of AARP/United Health etc,..it's a ZERO co pay for a 90 day supply through a mail service pharmacy in 2008. :smile:

10. I never knew about this. Thanks for the info!

11. Oh My Gosh. They have Paxil for $4 ! Bargain. But Zoloft isn't there :sad:

12. looks like their list hasnt been updated yet since sept. worth a try to go ask them if Sertraline is on the list now :tup:. (generic for zoloft)

13. I was given a list of the drugs available for $4 at Sam's Club when they introduced the program (I guess they have it at Sam's Club too). It was a long list. I don't have health insurance either, so I have filled some prescriptions at Walmart. My sister doesn't have health insurance, and she filled some at Target. Either store is a good choice for those who have trouble affording medicines. I think either store will give you a list of their $4 medicines if you request it.

14. Wow Mello, I didn't know Target has that program too! I'm so excited that I don't have to go all the way to Wal-Mart now, since Target is closer to me.

15. *sigh* it's not the generics i can't afford....