Waiting to see if I scored the Cross-Body!! Ahh! WORRIED!

Mimi..which Saks Fifth did you call (which city and state). I want to try to order one too!

Also, does anyone know if the Voguelander.com sells REAL Chole bags or are they fakes? It's hard to tell because the prices is so significantly lower than retail...it leads me to think they are fakes...but how can they charge so much for knock offs?

Thanks!

I have been shopping for a Chloe. I cannot decide on an Edith Large, a Paddington tote (which is my first choice, but I have a hard time finding one now), or the regular tote that just came out with CHLOE written on the front. What do you think I should start my collection with?

Mimi..which Saks Fifth did you call (which city and state). I want to try to order one too!

Also, does anyone know if the Voguelander.com sells REAL Chole bags or are they fakes? It's hard to tell because the prices is so significantly lower than retail...it leads me to think they are fakes...but how can they charge so much for knock offs?

Thanks!

I have been shopping for a Chloe. I cannot decide on an Edith Large, a Paddington tote (which is my first choice, but I have a hard time finding one now), or the regular tote that just came out with CHLOE written on the front. What do you think I should start my collection with?[/quote]

New chloe fan - I'm pretty sure that voguelander.com sells (extremely expensive) fakes. At the first page they are using stock photos of authentic paddingtons but then I saw this one; chloe02-01 that's clearly a fake so I'm sure the others are too:sad:

Gals,

I just called Saks again, and it looks like the cross-body isn't available anymore (according to the SA). I'm really sad about it, since I brought all your hopes (and my mom's hopes) up too. I told her to keep looking but I don't know...

Wish Saks had better follow-up procedures than just "waiting 72 hours to see if the other store will follow through with a charge send". What utterly ridiculous crap...this is 2007, first come first served! Who waits that long anymore anyway? :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to let my mom have the castor (but tell her that I should be able to borrow it whenever!)...I'll keep the black one which should be coming in the mail soon....

So, to all you PFers, who have called Saks attempting to order the cross-body: I apologize for the confusion and headache this is causing. I'm trying my best to find out what the H*** is going on with Saks, and why our bags orders are still not picked up....

MIMI~!! I actually got my "Cross-Body" shipped to me yesterday from the SKU you gave me~!! :love: I was going to wait until I got it then get on my knees to thank you, I am getting it for my mom too... but she does not really know what Chloe is and I am definitely not going to tell her how much it costs.... I will update you when I get it tomorrow... The only problem was the SA said she does not know where it is called a cross-body or not.. but there is a nutmeg paddington style bag on sale.. so we will see... Hopefully it is the correct one and there is no major damage or parts missing..

I think the best method is to 1. Find the SKU 2. chat online and ask them to tell you which store actually has them 3. call these stores and ask them to ship it to you directly... It is WAY better than putting an order with local SA and wait them to call you because I have no luck with that in the past...

Again, Thank you Mimi for all the information :love: :love:

I just tried it, they're all sold out.

I feel really guilty, I told my mother she could have my castor, but 5 minutes later i said I changed my mind. I am getting the all-black paddy in the mail soon, and I really want to keep both because I love them both. But, my mother really loves this bag too...

MIMI~!! I actually got my "Cross-Body" shipped to me yesterday from the SKU you gave me~!! :love: I was going to wait until I got it then get on my knees to thank you, I am getting it for my mom too... but she does not really know what Chloe is and I am definitely not going to tell her how much it costs.... I will update you when I get it tomorrow... The only problem was the SA said she does not know where it is called a cross-body or not.. but there is a nutmeg paddington style bag on sale.. so we will see... Hopefully it is the correct one and there is no major damage or parts missing..

I think the best method is to 1. Find the SKU 2. chat online and ask them to tell you which store actually has them 3. call these stores and ask them to ship it to you directly... It is WAY better than putting an order with local SA and wait them to call you because I have no luck with that in the past...

Again, Thank you Mimi for all the information :love: :love:

Congrats!!!! WooHoo!! what colors did you get?

So here is my story. I OVERpaid on eBay (later found one less expensive, but passed because I think I want a Betty, and it not, hopefully it will relist) .... and there was damage to it. So I got a refund.

Oh well, I like the betty now for this!

Only thing is I don't love it as a travel bag or Disney bag. :-\ AND I can't convert it to look like a different purse. So it's pretty much the weight of the CB that did it, plus I LOVE the pockets on the Betty.

I STILL need a Disney bag!

Hi guys, I just received the Black Cross Body from NM.com which was higher than the Saks price, $995. I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I hadn't seen the bag in person before ordering so I'm used to the Paddington original satchel. The cross body has a much tigher opening and the zippers don't open so it seemed much harder to get in and out of. Also, and I've heard this from others on the board, the all black hardware which looks nice, but already has a few tiny chips looks like it could be a problem. Lastly, if you decide to take off the shoulder strap and use as a satchel, the side clips kind of just stand there. All this to say I'm probably returning it. I have a few other Chloe's coming my way this week and can't keep them all anyway.
If anyone is interested you might want try Neiman's item number is
NM0S7 V8828.

I agree with the other posters, call or chat with NM and ask them to find out what store has the bag and their phone number so you can call the store directly.