Waiting list for Spring 2006 Paddington

I think when you cross the $1000 mark you seldom go back.. Like when you have small bag.. and then you get a big one.. you seldom buy a small bag again.. hehehe..

Or is it just me?

wellow said:
I think when you cross the $1000 mark you seldom go back.. Like when you have small bag.. and then you get a big one.. you seldom buy a small bag again.. hehehe..

Or is it just me?

it's so true. when i bought my first coach, i couldn't go back to regular bags...then i got a prada, and i couldn't go back to coach...and then i cycled upward from there to bags that cost 1500 and more. it's quite hard to go back...and i hate having a credit card that's so much lower than i can afford, but i guess that's building a credit history for ya...

Ohhhh... I loveeee the redd paddy. It's gorgeous... Is this what meg has? What color is this called? Is it wine red?

Issmom, they have the khaki green hobo paddy if you want the hobo in Bergdorf now...

BGV5856_ap.jpg

wellow said:

Or is it just me?

I agree , I may be a total snob, but I look at the price of the bag. It is true once you reach a certain price of handbags you never shop lower. I am always somehow drawn to the most expensive bags!

fayden said:
totally true. i sold all of my lower end bags... it's just gone up and up.

That's what I'm doing now, I'm selling some of my less expensive bags on eBay and some I don't carry anymore. The money will go toward the purchase of the paddington (if I'm able to get one!).

I actually like keeping my lower-end bags; I don't have to baby them as much and I don't have to worry about them getting dirty or scratched. They still don't go on the floor .. but I have more peace of mind.

wellow said:
Ohhhh... I loveeee the redd paddy. It's gorgeous... Is this what meg has? What color is this called? Is it wine red?

Issmom, they have the khaki green hobo paddy if you want the hobo in Bergdorf now...

BGV5856_ap.jpg

Thanks, but I'm holding out for the green satchel. I'm not sure if my (now sold) hobo is the same size as the one that BG has-now-sold-out-of, but I think I've sworn off the hobos. The nice things about Paddingtons is how slouchy they are. But that makes it hard to figure the size from a photo. How much paper are they stuffing in the thing? The size can really look different!

NM had one paddington here, I went over my lunch hour and looked at it. It was a very pretty charcoal grey. I was tempted, but I decided to wait and see if any of the colors I really want will come in. It's heavier than any of the other bags I have, but not as heavy as I expected. And I was expecting the medium size to be huge (based on the measurements I saw online), but it actually looked really nice, not too big and not too small :love:

fayden said:
it actually gets a lot heavier when you fill it with your stuff! lol. i don't think i've seen the charcoal gray before...

:lol: This is true! It's worth the arm workout, though :biggrin: The SA said they had just received it yesterday. It's a beautiful color, but I'm :love: over the whiskey color. I'm also really liking the chocolate.

Issmom said:
^^ Do you think its coincidental that the color names are all food names? Just to make you salivate that much more....

:lol: The thought never crossed my mind until you brought it up. Well, I do like whiskey and chocolate.... but not together :P