Waaaaahhh!!! Hole in cashmere sweater!

1. I discovered a hole in my favorite cashmere sweater, but now I've just discovred I can't find the extra thread that came with the sweater! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

In case I find those threads are there any places that do reweaving for sweaters?

TIA~~~

2. Depends on where you are. Here in Chicago Without a Trace is fabulous. I have never had the threads and they have been able to match perfectly. Do a google search perhaps

3. I took mine to a higher-end dry cleaner in Dallas and they sent it out for reweaving....I couldn't even tell where the holes had been. I believe it cost about $30.

4. I've had this too...some uninvited guest is munchin' on our sweaters :-P. I'm sure a google search for a tailor/reweaver in your area would get you started! Best of luck!

5. Thanks for the recs everyone....I have located a reweaver near my area, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be able to fix it. :sad:

I hate the stupid moths! I bought some herbal moth repellant, I hope it works!

6. Cedar blocks will do the trick too. You just need to replace them periodically.

7. Sorry to hear that :flowers:
    Hope you get it fixed soon.

8. Double post. sry ;)

9. At the end of every winter season....i dry clean my sweaters, and the zip them individually into Ziploc bags, and put them in the freezer for 3 days. I read somewhere that just drycleaning does not kill moth larvae, so the freezing insures that there are no nasty bugs on your sweaters. Then I just leave them individually sealed in their Ziplocs until the next winter comes around.

10. ^^^that's a neat idea! I lost one of my favorite cashmeres to those nasty moths last year...

11. Oh, no! A moth got my favorite sweater right in the boob. :sad: My mom stitched it up for me.

12. I brought the sweater to this French Reweaver today and she said that she'd try to mend it first and see what happens. The hole isn't too big and I managed to find a similar color cashmere thread so maybe she could use that.

13. Whoops...sorry double post