Vuitton US prices and tax return!

naughtymanolo

FYI I am a guy
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
One of my friend and aunts are visiting America, i was woundering what the tourist tax return is over there? One of them is specifically going to hawaii is it more expencive or cheaper there? thanks for ur help p.s. i rang LV france today to put in my odere from my family and they told me i a month is too early :sad: and reseving items is to be done 2-3 days earlier :sad: what if they run out of prefros? or carryalls? how can i be SURE i will get my items! but it works out that i save around $700 Au from doing this so i am over the moon:graucho:

I may be wrong, but I don't think the US has a tourist tax return (as they do in Europe, etc). I have found that US prices will generally be cheaper than AU prices - even with the currency exchange and tax.

yes it is a little cheaper which is great but not nearly europes! lol my distant family lives in greece if i asked them to buy me something and it was sent overseas in the mail does that mean i am entittled to the VAT discount?

For small leather goods its generally around $30 (without tax) cheaper than the continental US. For bags you save a bit more, somewhere around $60. It really depends on what you want to buy. I based this on a couple of my purchases and compared it to the prices on elux.