Vivienne Westwood repair/restore help?

1. You guys are seriously a wealth of knowledge here! I did a search to see if I could find anything regarding my problem, but couldn't find anything so I'm hoping one of you may have an answer!

I recently purchased a used VW bag off a Japanese auction site with full knowledge that it was used and kind of worn. However, I loved the bag and knew that this was the only way I'd be able to get it and afford it.

Now that I've gotten it into my hands I know that it could use a good cleaning and some repair where the fabric has worn in the corners of the bag.

Here are pictures!

[​IMG]

Here are shots of areas that need help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, its mostly the fabric areas that are in need of repair. The leather areas are actually all holding up really well. I've already contacted Margaret's Cleaners in San Diego and they recommended holding off on cleaning since they couldn't repair the worn areas.

I've looked at Artbag and LMB's sites but they seem to focus on leather repairs/restoration, so I don't know if they could help.

Since this is my first designer bag (and one that I'll likely keep forever, since I'm sentimental like that), I'm willing to go through extreme measures to get this thing looking good again. I remember reading something about a place that basically took apart a bag where there was a fabric tear and resewing it to hide it (effectively shortening the bag), and I would be up for that if that was the only way. However, I can't remember what place did that anymore!

If any of you have any recommendations on what I should do, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!