Vitamins for Diabetes?

1. I heard that there are vitamins for those who have Diabetes. Has anyone ever heard of these vitamins? I know that Nature Made makes them, but what exactly is the difference between these vitamins and regular ones? Thanks so much!
  2. I have Type I Diabetes and am insulin dependent I strongly suggest that you consult with your treating physician prior to taking any vitamins.
  3. There are supplements that are great for blood sugar control. One of the most important ones would be lipoic acid or alpha-lipoic acid. That stuff acts like insulin and clears high blood sugar. I would look into better quality supplements than Nature Made though. They are ok for something you get in the supermarket but I'd go for Solgar or Country Life.
  4. When I was first diagnosed, I tried Alpha-Lipoic acid, as well as cinnamon, because I had heard of people getting amazing results, including subsiding of peripheral neuropathy symptoms.

The doctors just sort of shrugged, and said go ahead if it will make me feel better, and I gave it my best shot.

It didn't work for me, but it does for some people, you should always discuss taking anything with your doctor, but if they say OK, go for it! I hope it will work for you! :smile: