Visit to SF Hermes

1. Visited SF Hermes today and spoke with a very nice SA. She took down my name and number with my preference for an orange or black kelly, and said she'd call if one came in. Does that mean I'll get a call if someone declines their SO or do they get regular shipments? I'm wondering how long the wait may be.

More importantly, wondering what leathers orange kellys come in. I'm thinking a 32 cm retourne PH. Maybe box or swift since I love that smooth, refined look (but I do have a one year old that loves to scratch things!). Also, I'm thinking chevre. Not too sure if I like togo/clemence/fjord b/c it looks rough but I guess that's what makes it more durable.

What leather would you pick for orange, and why? I'd love your thoughts on this as I'll have to decide yea/nea if and when I do get a call about the orange kelly.

Thanks!!!

2. I love orange Boxcalf!

3. Sounds like you had a great visit over in SF! I think the chances are good that you will get a call if the bag you're looking for comes in.

I've seen Orange in Box, Togo, Clemence, and Chevre. If you like smooth leathers, I'd consider Swift over Boxcalf since you have a little one. Do you want a more formal or more casual look. I am partial to the hearty, textured leathers--especially Togo (my Orange 32 Retourne is in Togo), b/c the color looks very saturated in Togo and is a tad bit stiffer than Clemence so will hold its shape.

4. Gosh, I have never seen orange box -- must be gorgeous! But I agree that another leather might be better with a little one around -- fewer worries. Good luck. I can't wait to see what you end up with.

5. I have an orange Togo Kelly 32 that I love. It is a strong color but I can use it like a neutral and it works with so many things. It is so durable, I feel totally comfortable using this around my kids.
    I have seen orange Swift in a Kelly and it is really gorgeous. Have not seen orange box in person.

6. Thank you frenchiefan, orchids, and lulilu. I'll definitely let you know what I end up with.

7. orange box is gorgeous -- but it hasn't been available for several years.

8. Glad you had a good experience. I hope they follow up and you get the bag of your dreams!

9. Glad you had fun! :yahoo: I love orange Chevre or actually any of the leathers in orange is beautiful!:graucho:

10. Kim, on Saturday, I saw a retourne Kelly in orange Togo (with PH, I think, but maybe RH; memory too shaky now) at the Houston boutique and it was just gorgeous! It was too bright for me since I gravitate to more neutral (some would say boring) colors. But it is a stunning, quite cheerful, bag which I think would be great for you given your tastes and little one. Good luck!