vintage hermes boutique?

Ingénue Sophie;2188695 said:
Rose, I think it's about 20-25 years old, but I'm not positive on the exact definition. I just remember hearing or reading this somewhere.
oh, rats - rose i forgot to answer your question, and i've been meaning to PM you for about a week now. forgive my neglect. :crybaby:

in any case, i believe there is a formal definition of vintage out there -- but for myself i think of it as when the bags had brass hardware. that's probably older than necessary though.

oh, rats - rose i forgot to answer your question, and i've been meaning to PM you for about a week now. forgive my neglect. :crybaby:

in any case, i believe there is a formal definition of vintage out there -- but for myself i think of it as when the bags had brass hardware. that's probably older than necessary though.

:hrmm: starting to feel neglected and unloved....

there only one thing to do.... find me a great vintage black box 28 cm Kelly!

I know that shop well. Been there a couple of times and even ordered from her. I've found her stuff overpriced. The shop also reeks of tobacco, because she sits there, smoking, all day. She has a good selection of scarves in the shop, reasonably priced, but many of them have stains or damage. So beware. The scarves she posts on her site (what she calls Internet scarves) tend to be in much better shape, but also more expensive. She also doesn't take paypal, just bank transfers, which can drive up the cost even more.

Hi girls - nice to be online at the same time, even though in different timezones! Here's a website for vintage H - tho' it sells vintage Chanel too. The shop is on rue Guisarde in the 6th arr. in Paris. The site is disappointing, but the shop is full of vintage H bags, many in very good nick. I'll be in Paris this week - hear there are loads of birkins at d mo. I'll let you girls know....Sophie - I have a birkin and bearn in vert anis, and you are right - it is a lovely spring colour. Les 3 marches de Catherine B - Contact

I am quickly approaching being an antique :shocked:

lol, rose - as my grandmother used to say, it's better than the alternative!

personally i have every intention of going to my grave a well-worn and used up antique -- like one of those beaten up suitcases that's plastered with stickers and falling apart at the seams . . . but you can tell it had a helluva time. ;)

another example of doesn't-break-the-bank vintage hermes -- sold for 500 bucks on ebay:

343f_1_sbl.JPG