Vintage Hermes Bags does anyone out there know there names

1. :confused1:
    Hi from a newbie Hopefully its ok for me to post
    I would so like to ask for you help if anyone out there knows these models names??

One is vintage crocodile I dont think its the piano bag,
    the other is most unusual Ostrich again vintage

Any help would just be great, thankyou
    from Hermes addict Cotswolds england
    :smile:

hermes vintage ostrich.jpg omars b ag.jpg
  2. The first one is a type of Sac Malette. The other is tough. The closest I can get to it is the Mephisto, but the closure is slightly different. If you really want to do more research, I would fax that picture to Claude at NYC and ask. He likes this sort of stuff.

3. Hi so kind of you I know its not a mephisto ( the croco) I have one of those , Hermes bond street confirmed it was mephisto
    this crocodile is different
    The ostrich I have only just bought so that one looks really unusual
    thankyou so much for reply
    b

4. sorry I meant to ask is that claude at hermes NYC
    I would not know there fax number
    I can ask Celine at Bond Street but am not going to visit for a couple of weeks and am just so curious,
    (she has the most amazing book!)
    b

5. There's another bag very similar to this called the Sac Baguette, from the 60's., but the closure is oh so slightly different.

6. Yes, Claude at Hermes NYC. Just call and the operator will patch you through, but if you are already familiar with the craftsperson at Bond Street, by all means ask her.

7. BTW, nice to meet another vintage Hermes fan. You sound like you are very familiar already with some of their history.

8. I am learning I buy in from France I have a very good contact there, its amazing the bags she sometimes finds, this ostrich is really unusual , not sure of the condition yet until it arrives,
    Yes I take them to see the leather craftsmen at bond street she is totally amazing , so talented in her work
    she has ( this magic book, with all of them listed so wished I could get a copy , but no chance I dont think
    Its funny so many people love the kelly and birking ( I am a Kelly fan full stop ) but dont seem to like the vintage ones so much, I think they are so from times gone buy and could tell such interesting stories
    thanks again
    b

9. I am learning I buy in from France I have a very good contact there, its amazing the bags she sometimes finds, this ostrich is really unusual , not sure of the condition yet until it arrives,
    Yes I take them to see the leather craftsmen at bond street she is totally amazing , so talented in her work
    she has ( this magic book, with all of them listed so wished I could get a copy , but no chance I dont think
    Its funny so many people love the kelly and birkin ( I am a Kelly fan full stop ) but dont seem to like the vintage ones so much, I think they are so from times gone buy and could tell such interesting stories
    thanks again
    b

10. I believe all the craftspeople have that book. It's an archive. I just recommended Claude, because he rarely has to refer to that book. He also likes to kid around that he probably made that bag you're bringing in.

11. Wow, what great vintage bags.

12. he sounds fun
    I am going to try find there number
    thankyou again

13. oops.