Vintage chanel in Paris--where to buy

1. Where are the best places to buy vintage Chanel in Paris? I'm looking for bags and accessories.

Ladies in Paris, and those who have shopped there before, please chime in, thanks :smile::heart:
  2. Hello,

I'll be going to Paris in a few weeks and would appreciate any recommendations for gently used Chanel purses.

Thank you!

3. I wish I could go with you damnit! ;) have fun!
  4. With the assistance of TPF member Roo who posted a great list of secondhand shops on a thread titled Parisians and Chanel? in the Chanel Forum on January 15, 2008 I visited a few secondhand shops duringmy trip in April.

I visited Griff Troc which had a black Chanel backpack and a lot fo small accessories. They don't do VAT refunds.

I visited Reciproque which is several shops organized by category along a street. The shop with bags had a one or two Chanel items...more Hermes than anything. I ran into the wife of Samuel L Jackson (the actor) at this shop, she was browsing vintgae Hermes!

I also visited Dept-Vente du 17eme
    . They had the nicest shop of the three to me as far as the way the items were displayed. They had a large white Chanel tote, a bronze python Chanel bag, Chanel shoes and some small Chanel accessories. Another reason I liked this shop was that they were the only one of the three that did VAT refund paperwork for you. Sylvia was also very easy to speak with in English...the other shops I had a lot of difficulty trying to communicate.

I didn't think of visiting these shops until late in my trip so I didn't get to go to more unfortunately. On my next trip to Paris I would definitely skip all the retail shops and spend several days browsing through these shops for great finds!

Here is Roo's list again for anyone that is interested:

Here is my list of depot ventes in Paris- it is not very current but gives you an idea. Not sure how many are still in biz.

La Marelle---21/25 Galerie Vivienne, 75002, Metro: Bourse 01-42-60-08-19, A consignment shop for the young at heart.

Misentroc---63 rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs, 75006, Metro: Notre-Dame-des-Champs, 01-46-33-03-67, near the Jardin du Luxembourg--Guy Laroche, Gianfranco Ferre, Karl Lagerfeld, Jean-Paul Gaultier Walter Steiger shoes

Au Grand du Vent---10 rue des Quatre Vents,75006., Metro: Mabillon 01-44-07-28-73, Stephane Kdlian shoes, Chanel, Burberry, Hermes

Timothe---10 rue Dupuytren, 75006., Metro: Odeon, 01-46-34-27-12, anonymous origin-- Helmut Lang, Christian Dior

Le Depot-Vente de Buci-Bourbon---4/6 rue de Bourbon-le-Chateau, 75006, Metro: Mabillon, 01-46-34-45-05, Chanel shoes, Givenchy , Escada ,Valentino, Hermes

Anna Lowe---104 rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honore,75008, Metro: Miromesnil, 01-42-66-11-32, (allows VAT deduction) Valentino. Givenchy, Giorgio Armani, Christian Lacroix

Griff��� Troc--- 17 Blvd. De Courcelles, & 119 Blvd Malasherbes, 75008, Metro: Villiers Womens ready-to-wear designers fashions & accessories-Chanel, YSL, Dior, Kenzo, Hermes, Escada (

Feiga---9 rue Scribe, 75009, Metro: Opera, 01-40-07-10-20, Furla; Men's bargains: Dolce & Gabbana, Ferre, Karl Lagerfeld, Claude Montana.

Annexe des Createurs---19 rue Godot de Mauroy, 75009, Metro: Madeleine, 01-42-65-46-40, Sonia Rykiel SR, YSL Variation, Lacroix shirts

C'Pour Vous ---66 rue d'Alesia, 75104, Metro: Alesia,,, with Balmain and Balenciaga

SR---64 rue d'Alesia, 75014, Metro: Alesia,, Sonia Rykiel stock shop which sells the more youth-oriented SR line at approximately 40 percent off

Evolutif---72 rue d'Alesia, 75014, Metro: Alesia., with Yves Saint Laurent, Kenzo

Salle des Ventes Alesia---123 rue Alesia, 75014, Metro: Alesia,, houshold furnishings, accessories

Mi-Prix---27 blvd. Victor, 75015, Metro: Porte de Versailles, 01-48-28-42-48 youth-oriented and sportswear lines, A Versace , Dolce & Gabbana , Prada Miu Miu (young/sportswear) line.

Catherine---35 rue Desnouettes, 75015, Metro: Porte de Versailles, 01-42-50-52-55, A few designer items buried in a consignment piles.

Trocanelle---35 rue de la Croix Nivert, 75015, Metro: Cambronne, 01-43-06-34-15, Lagerfeld, Givenchy ,Dolce & Gabbana, Prada Gucci shoes

Reciproque shops--- rue de la Pompe,75016., Metro: Rue de la Pompe, 01-47-04-30-28, (several consignment shops for costume jewelry, handbags, menswear, lingerie, shoes, coats,, womens evening wear, and street clothes along the same street)

Depot-Vente de Passy---14-16 rue de la Tour, 75016, Metro: Passy, 01-45-20-95-21, consignment items for the woman with traditional tastes, Guy Laroche, Armani, YSL

Foundation Auteuil---40 rue la Fontaine, 75016, Metro: Jasmin

Depot-Vente du 17eme---109 rue de Courcelles, 75017, Metro: Pereire, 01-40-53-80-82, consignment shop both mens & womenswear, Hermes, Prada, Burberry, Dior, Escada, Chanel

Guerrisol---19-29-31 Avenue de Clichy, 75017, Metro: Place de Clichy

Trocade---9 ave. de Villiers, 75017, Metro: Wagram, 01-42-67-80-14, Versace Versus, Dior, Prada Gaultier
  5. ^ where you been ?
  6. I guess thats to me? lol
    Overwhelmed with work and wedding planning ...I get on here every blue moon though!
  7. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals. When? Where?
  8. Thanks Mon! Lake Las Vegas Resort in Henderson, NV in September!
    Can't wait! I better not see any tempting Chanel items this year because there is NO budget for it now! I still need to share pics from the Paris Chanel shop. Hopefully I can get to it soon.
  9. Congratulations on your wedding.........:heart:H
  10. I can't tell you how appreciative I am for the info. you posted, which is just what I was looking for.

Thank you for your recommendations and for Roo's list!

After my daughter and I return I'll contact you with any new info. we find about used Chanel in Paris.

Best Wishes to you on your wedding!:tup:
  11. Just found the business card I had saved from the trip to Paris with my daughter this past summer. Antiquites de I'lle Saint-Louis is located at 20, rue des Deux Ponts, 75004 Paris, and has soem excellent vintage Chanel purses.

Many thanks to BlkLadyLaw for her recommendations in this thread. My daughter and I checked some of the shops but came up empty as there wasn't much available at the time.

Best regards.
  12. cool thread!
  13. I'm going to Paris and I need VINTAGE stores with Chanel bags and accessories!
    I find some,but I think that there is more,I have only 5 days so please help to find them))
  14. Hello!

I am off to Paris at the end of the month, and I am wondering if any of you knew of any vintage stores in Paris where you could get vintage Chanel, etc. Could you also give me the price range of their goods in stock?

I know off one in London near Bond Street where celebrities regularly donate their things, and I've picked up a few accessories such as necklaces and bracelets there....