Video of an Actual Spinal Fusion

1. I had surgery like this eight years ago.

The video is a little bit more than a minute and a half long and it shows the incision and the steel rods.
    It is graphic so don't watch it if you get queasy easily. Otherwise it's pretty cool.

YouTube - Pediatric Spinal Fusion To Correct Scoliosis
  2. ok I thought I could watch it... but after seeing my husband's reaction to the video- No way!
  3. Omg!
  4. *yikes* cannot see this then..:p
  5. Thanks for the info. We just came back from my dd's orthopedic office for a consultation of her scoliosis. I know it scares her to death, but she won't admit it and treated everyone in the office as if they offend her in some way. I feel really bad that she has to go through that, sure wish it was caught earlier. Anyway, at age 15, her dr. said that she is a borderline case, meaning that even the brace might not work on her...but he still rec. the use of it. Anyway, my dd doesn't want to talk about it, and she insisted that she doesn't want to wear the braces...argh...I am so confuse, and feeling bad that I don't know what to do anymore. :sad:
  6. I wrote a paper for my Medical Terminology class describing my scoliosis and spinal fusion. Here's the link:

Also, PM me or have your daughter PM me when she's ready, and I'll answer any questions either of you may have.
  7. Thanks for your offer, caitlin1214. :yes: I will try to talk to her once again soon, just that each time I mention that "s" word...she either ignore me or just tell me flat that she is NOT gonna wear that brace.