Victoria Real-Estate Agent Murdered 24 year old beauty

1. I thought I would add some unfortunate crimes that happen in Canada.

http://http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=b7459f2d-cb65-49b4-ba92-0ec8e6955f1e&k=37486

Saanich real-estate agent murdered

Premeditated?: Friends, family fear trap set for talented 24-year-old at upscale listing

Canwest News Service

Published: Monday, February 04, 2008
    SAANICH -- Friends and family of real-estate agent Lindsay Buziak say she was murdered by someone who set a trap for her.
    The body of the "beautiful, vibrant" 24-year-old Buziak was found Saturday in a new home listed for sale in the Gordon Head neighbourhood of Saanich.
    Police are not saying how Buziak died, but Saanich police Const. Brad Brajcich confirmed the death is being investigated as a homicide. There are no suspects and no one was in custody last night.
    [​IMG] Lindsay Buziak, 24, worked for Re/Max Camosun.

[​IMG]Email to a friend[​IMG]Printer friendly Font:
    [​IMG]

Agent Laurie Lidstone, who shares the listing for the $964,900 house with Nancy DiCastri, said the buyer never called either of them for an appointment.
    "It really makes you wonder," said Lidstone. "Someone specifically called this girl to show a vacant house. It sounds preplanned. It sounds premeditated."
    In a phone call from Calgary, Buziak's distraught father Jeff Buziak said "someone phoned Lindsay to show a house and they killed her."
    Police raced to the house, which was vacant, after they received a 911 call asking them to check on someone inside.
    "We didn't know what was happening. Then we quickly realized it was a little more serious," said Brajcich. The call is now "a very important part of the investigation," he said.
    Police said there's no evidence to show Buziak was targeted because of her occupation, but rumours are circulating in the real-estate community that a number of people at her office knew Buziak had a bad feeling about the appointment.
    Family and friends are reeling at the news of her death. Jeff Buziak was to fly to Victoria last night to be with Lindsay's mother, Evelyn Reitmayer, and Lindsay's sister, Sara, who is flying in from the Cayman Islands.
    "She was the most beautiful girl you could ever meet," said Buziak.
    "I miss her so much. I love her so much. Lindsay was vibrant, full of life, loved by everybody. She had oodles of friends. She was so focused on her career. She thought it was the greatest thing. She was a tremendous young woman."
    Buziak was born in Victoria and went to Lakehill Elementary and Reynolds Secondary, her father said. After graduating, she got her real-estate licence, working in Victoria before moving to Vancouver, where she worked for Maverick Real Estate Corp. She returned to Victoria to join Re/Max Camosun.
    Lindsay prided herself on the service she gave clients, her dad said.
    Jeff Buziak, an industrial real-estate agent in Calgary, said his daughter was not following in his footsteps.
    "She found what she loved and that's what she wanted to do," he said.
    Buziak's uncle, Gary Reitmayer, described her as a great person.
    "I don't think she's ever done anyone wrong," said Reitmayer. "We have no idea what happened. It's a mystery to all of us."
    Buziak was among the youngest of the 1,300 real-estate agents working in the region.
    Yesterday, staff and agents at her Re/Max office were instructed not to comment about the incident.
    Wayne Schrader, who owns the office, said: "Everyone in the office is shell-shocked and our thoughts are with Lindsay's family."
    Buziak reportedly was dating someone who worked in the industry.

© The Vancouver Province

2. hmm...there's so much about this that we don't' know about right now. i hope they catch whoever killed her and lock them up!

3. How horrible! My heart goes out to her family.