Victoria Beckham - my heart has sunk

1. Hi All,
    This maybe a silly thread but it has been bugging me for a while now.

I do not have a problem with Victoria Beckham at all, I just have a heavy heart seeing her picture everywhere carrying Hermes, its not because I do not think she should carry it (she can carry whatever she chooses). I just feel that because she has been pictured with the bag everywhere - from Birkins to Kelly's, it is going to make my task of obtaining a bag much much harder.

Lots of people are going to demand a bag now and it will take me another 2 years to get one.
    If I go into the stores in the UK and again ask the question, they may think that I am a VB fan and dismiss me.:sad:
  2. I know what you mean!
  3. I really don't think VB will make it harder for the average person to obtain a Birkin/Kelly. I certainly don't think an SA will dismiss a person because they may be a VB fan.
  4. Thanks for all of your comments,that maybe true, but after sex and the city, it was like bedlam trying to get a bag I heard, so I just think the same thing will be repeated again.
    My friend told me that in the VB tv show, someone gave her some important info to hold and she said "I will just put it in my hermes"
    I might just wait for the rush to die down.x
  5. Sammyjoe, it's all about establishing a relationship with an SA. Once you have done that, walk calmly past the VB rush...
  6. Oh, I don't know. VB has been toting her Hermes bags around for a while now and I don't think it really has caused a rush for these bags. They are normally not easy to get (well, the Birkins) but you can usually find a Kelly or two on the shelf and once you get a relationship going with a simpatico SA, you'll get your Birkin too.
  7. ^^ I don't think the Hermes rush will die down. Most people on the forum are Hermes fans not because VB wears them!! Hermes has been exclusive and hard to obtain before VB and it will be after VB, IMO.
  8. Lol, that very funny Rose. Yep S'Mom, I am going to go into the stores whenever I get the chance, Kellys are thin on the ground in the UK, I have been reading the threads and lots of you are getting your bags in, so now maybe the time to see if someone in the UK decides to pass on theirs. I just have to bide my time.Thanks again!xxx
  9. ^^I missed that part of the show:sad:

You know, I was thinking along the same lines as you as I've been looking at eBay and it seems as if the prices have been inflated even more since VB has come to (more) prominence in the US. I hope this doesn't continue.

Most of the photos of her show her with either a Birkin or Kelly and I'm afraid now the (dare I say this :wtf:) fakers will go bananas making these. Look at what happened when Jessica Simpson unwrapped her MC LV on Newlyweds :crybaby:They were everywhere.
  10. I'm only sad because I didn't get the fuschia ostrich birkin fast enough like some of the lucky girls on this sub-forum who were ahead of the game. I don't think I'll likely see that bag, much less get it. But I can still try! I'm not going to give up that easily. It will remain on the list!

Of course, I have a wish list that is getting longer and longer by the DAY thanks to this forum! Seriously! I just saw Gina_B's new little Rose Shocking Kelly and now I think I need that too!

VB is bringing a LOT of attention to Hermes and even the debate of expensive handbags vs cheap knockoffs. I think having her here is more positive than negative if only to outshine our nasty little U.S. starlettes who like to flash their hoo-haa's, and drive around impaired after partying all night long. :censor:
  11. Hi Minnie, you are partly right but in the UK whatever VB has, it gets sold out, the newspapers here pick up on it.
    When I am talking about people going crazy for the bags, I am in no way meaning the people on this forum - on this forum, their history with Hermes goes way way way back. I just mean the man or woman on the street.
    Thanks for your comments though.xx
  12. It will be very interesting to watch this trend.....
  13. SammyJoe, if you want a birkin or Kelly there are many offered by wonderful pfers on the forum. Maybe you will be find what you are looking for.
  14. ^^Yes. Or if you're in London, Paris is just a 2 hr train trip away!
  15. Once again thanks for the tip, I do think if I am going to wait for the bag, I may as well buy it from the store and suck up the whole experience!Lol!x