Victoria Beckham: Coming to America (NBC, Monday July 16, 8:00)

1. NBC will give viewers an exclusive look inside the life of international superstar Victoria Beckham as she makes the move across the pond from London to Los Angeles in the hour-long event special "Victoria Beckham: Coming to America" on Monday, July 16 (8-9 p.m. ET).

The announcement was made today by Craig Plestis, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, Development and Specials,
    NBC Entertainment.

"Viewers will get a first-hand glimpse into what it's like to be one of the most sought after celebrities in the world," said Plestis. "Victoria's every move is documented by the paparazzi, but only our cameras have been allowed inside the world of what being
    Victoria Beckham is really like."

The special will delve into Victoria's larger-than-life world and will reveal the woman behind the fashion icon. Her mischievous sense of humor and willingness to poke fun at her image leads to some of the most insightful and hilarious moments.

Victoria burst onto the scene as a member of the hit 90's all-girl super group
    The Spice Girls. Known around the world as "Posh Spice," the elegant and confident member of the ensemble, Beckham sold millions of albums worldwide with the group before it disbanded in 2001. She went on to become an accomplished solo artist with such hits as "Not Such an Innocent Girl" and "This Groove/Let Your Head Go On."

In 1999, she married soccer superstar
    David Beckham and quickly they became one of the world's most celebrated couples. In 2004, Beckham turned her attention to fashion, designing VB Rocks a line of high-end jeans for Rock and Republic. Most recently, Beckham launched her own jeans label called dVb, penned a best selling style bible "That Extra Half an Inch," as well as her own line of sunglasses and perfume.

(Comingsoon.net)

2. I can't wait to see this, I wish it was still a series instead of a special. I love her and David of course!

3. Everybody will finally get to see that she actually has a good laugh at herself and has a really good sense of humour.

4. I am not a big VB fan.

Hopefully Beck will help America appreciate soccer more.

5. I'm not a devoted fan of either Beckham but I think the show should be interesting.
    They're huge in England, as we all know. I remember from my visits to England though.

6. I can't wait to see this!!

7. I love England. I lived there for 4 years.

Many people like them there and many didn't.

Now they will be living 1.5 hrs from where I live at.

8. I'm not a fan. I can't stop laughing at the article calling her a superstar.

9. This will be interesting. A little overrated. I hardly think she's one of the "most sought after celebrities in the world."
    While she's pretty she's no Angelina Jolie.

10. Note to VB... America doesn't care.

Harsh, I know, but really...there is just no audience.

11. I can't wait! I love VB!

12. On the previews, they show her at the DMV and she asked if it was possible to retouch her driver's license pictures.

13. I love her. I think she's gorgeous, but I never liked the fact that it seems like she can never just do things quietly. It always has to be a big spectacle.

That being said, I'm going to watch this.

I'm glad it's going to be one hour-long episode as opposed to a whole series.

14. From NBC.com:

This revealing special hour delves into Victoria's larger-than-life world to reveal, among other things, her wicked sense of humor and style. Her willingness to poke fun at her image leads to some of the most insightful and hilarious moments, as Victoria enlists her tight circle of friends to shop for a new home and acclimate to life in Los Angeles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (taking her driver's license picture)

15. She's going to be Friday night's guest on Jay Leno.

(His house is a couple doors down from hers.)