Via Spiga Alligator Bag...Watcha think?

1. View attachment 77433

What do you guys think of Via Spiga bags? I've never had one or seen one but in my late night restless shopping sprees this really caught my eye. I LOVE mauve/plum colored bags and I love alligator/croc styles so this really tempted me. It was 216 at Bluefly (which I am really not keen on knowing that they have sold fakes) but since a TPF poster gave a 30% off code, I decide to go for it. Got it for 194.
    I am really a Kooba/IF lover so this is new territory for me. I originally went looking for a Cole Haan Village style bag and ended up with this...LOL

2. I own a few Via Spiga bags... I really like them. They can take lots of wear and tear and the leather one I have is very supple with plenty of compartments.
    Take it for a spin... you might like it. :biggrin:

3. I know Via Spiga bags are an excellent brand. I use to have some of their bags and shoes, they really stood the test of time, in fact I ended up giving them to my niece and she loves them. That's a great deal for that fabulous looking bag, congrats!

4. Thanks guys. I hope I will be as enamored with it when it comes. Actually this started yesterday when I read a post about someone with a ziptop Dooney. I remembered how much I like the Dooney Nile collection so I went looking all last night for a Dooney. I'm glad I didn't make any rash purchases because I knew that I needed something larger. Dooney bags all seem pretty darn small to me. So when I saw the Alligator print in a pretty plum I really fell for it. And it's not 11x5 like so many Dooneys. It's a real medium sized bag to me, 14x8x4.5.
    Who knows. I am pretty fickle with "unusual" bags. I always go for an all leather slouchier bag so I hope this will be my one "strange" bag that is far from a Kooba or IF. I'll post a pic when it comes.

5. Hi, there, Lexie2000! Just want you to take note of the hardware on your Via Spiga. I love their leather, but I own one of their shoulder bags, and I'm not quite fond of the hardware. It seems a little thin and too small for the bag. Just an observation. You will love the leather, though.

6. Oh, I'm not a happy camper. I got the Alligator bag. It was crappy. I returned it asap. Then I ordered a Teal leather satchel. I got it in 2 days! Amazing service BUT...it was very below par IMO. The inner lining is so cheap and plastic-y. A chintzy vinyl inner zipper. The hardware is thin and crappy like Rose said. The leather is okay I guess but I am used to Koobas with that heavy quality feel. It's nothing like that. The bag says teal, looks teal on the website, but definately looks green in person. I like the style okay. A bit sloppy for my liking but I guess I'll use it for bangin around. I don't want to return a second bag and maybe PO Bluefly, as service was very good. No more random bag buying for me. I'll stick to brands I've seen and know.