very very very cheap trench coat?

1. Hi, I am looking for a super super super cheap trench coat because I want to buy a lot and paint on the back of them (which means I will probably destroy most of them).

I saw some Old Navy ones online but only the XL are left.

Are there any sites I should look at?

Thank you.

2. Banana Republic has some great ones, sonya -- that personally, I don't think look especially cheap. I love the idea of painting on the back -- I hope you'll show us some of your finished pieces!

[​IMG]

3. Why not try thrift stores?

4. maybe check out low end department stores? or tjmaxx/marshalls? if you like the old navy one, maybe head to a store and see if they're in stock... they might be able to track them down for you if they aren't on the site.

5. I do not know if you have this brand, but I saw lots of cheap but nice trenches in Etam (some french low-budget stores).

6. I definitely agree with Old Navy stores (they can even call other locations to get one in your size). Also try TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls, Forever 21 (I believe they have lots of coats these days), and the Victoria's Secret catalog. Always check the sale racks in Banana Republic too. Years ago, I got a trench there marked down from $200 to $30. I was so proud of myself.

7. I found one that's actually really nice at H&M for $29 CDN, it came in beige I believe as well

8. forever 21 is another place to check. i am really interested in what your final project looks like!

9. I got one a few weeks back from H&M for $29

10. Army surplus always has trench coats and they're very cheap - like $10 cheap around here!

11. Thanks!

Will check out those places. Didn't realize H&M had such cheap trench coats!

12. The idea is copied from what The Libertines do, taking already-made pieces (for them, it's designer vintage usually) and spray painting macabre designs on them (usually in one color). The Libertines sell at Bergdorf Goodman and Barneys New York. A jacket is like $2000.

13. H&m

14. I vote Forever21 also. I just got this trench for $34.

35016802-02.jpg 35016802-02back.jpg
  15. man i never see trenches in forever 21. could it do with the fact that i live in fl?