Very sad! :-(

1. A week ago today we made the hard decision to have to put our almost 17 year old Australian cattle dog, Sassy, to sleep. She was failing fast and it was time but my husband and are are really grieving...we got Sass when she was a pup, right after we were married, and it was the three of us for a long time (my husband's kids would come to visit in the summers, but mostly it was Tim and me and Sass)....please keep us in your thoughts and has been a hard week, we have a black lab Anna who is almost 3 and she is missing Sass too.
    I made a tribute page to her on Rainbow's Rainbows Bridge Home Page
    under Australian cattle dogs, Sassy, Kelly and Tim It helps to go there and visit her.
    Thanks for listening.
  2. Kelly-I'm sorry for your loss of Sassy. Just remember she is in a better place though where she can be without pain and happy! My thoughts will be with you and Tim (and Anna) during this time.
  3. Oh my god I´m so sorry you´re going through that. *hugs* I´ve lost a cat that was there from when I was 3 years old to when I was 18. It was incredibly hard to lose her. I still get choked up. What a beautiful dog you had.
  4. I am very sorry. You must have taken great care of Sassy ... she had 17 great years with you and DH ... I hope my baby will have that many years with us. I hope time will heal your broken hearts. Sassy will be watching over you guys from doggy heaven.
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. It must be so hard right now. At least she is out of her pain and she is looking down on you and your family from dog heaven. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  6. Kelly, I am SO sorry to hear that you lost your beloved Sassy. My heart goes out to you.

I wish there were a way to make it easier to get through this--I know how difficult and heartbreaking it is. Be kind to yourself, and allow yourself the time you need to feel sad. I have found it helped me to make a memorial of some kind. When I lost my precious Border Collie cross this past summer, I put a lock of her fur in a locket. We brought her ashes to her favourite running place, and I wrote her name on a rock to place there.

Sassy was very loved--I can tell by how you write about her. It is an honour to be loved like that. You gave her the most precious gift of all!

7. Dear Kelly,

I understand how you feel because my Jimmy also left for the Rainbow Bridge very recently. And like JImmy, I'm very sure that Sassy was well-loved and adored by both you and your husband.

Sassy and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, take care and I'm sure Jimmy and Sassy are having great pals at the Bridge!

8. I'm so sorry. I know how it feels.. you've lost a really important member of your family. It sounds like Sassy had a long and wonderful life.. she was very lucky to have your family.

I still cry about a pet I lost when I was in college. They really are so important to our lives.
  9. thoughts and prayers
  10. We understand. I'm so sorry--you've lost a family member. She's not suffering and she had the best home ever.:heart:
  11. Oh I'm very sorry for your loss... :sad:
  12. Kelly, I am so sorry for your loss. :crybaby:
    I know how hard it is to make that decision, but in the end Sassy will always be with you in your heart & spirit.
  13. I am so sorry for your loss. My brother has had Australian Shepherds for most of his life. They are wonderful dogs.
  14. It's always so difficult to lose our faithful little certainly have my sympathy. It seems as if so many of us lately here on tpf have suffered a similiar loss. I lost my 15 yr. old KeeKee 5 weeks ago so I can understand...With your tender loving care you helped Sassy to live a long and happy life. Bless you and yours...
  15. So sorry to read of your loss, Kelly. How blessed you were to have had 17 wonderful years with Sassy. Keep those happy thoughts next to your heart. Sam was waiting for her at the Rainbows Bridge along with Jimmy & KeeKee. What a great time they are all having now that they are free from their pain. :heart: