Very confused about serial numbers!!

1. Hi. This is the first time I have posted anything on this site so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I want to know why some of my mulberry bags have serial numbers and some do not. Most are bought at the airport where I work or in the Bond Street store in London. I do have a couple bought at an outlet with no numbers on the back of the disc but I have just bought one at the mulberry store at the airport (in the sale) which has no number on. I'm very confused - can anyone please help?:confused1:

2. There was a thread on here about this,somewhere,but basically its nothing to worry about.Some have,some don't,a couple of mine do,and the others don't.Its the same for the other ladies on here too!!! Does that help you??

Anyway!! Welcome to the forum,you'll have fun getting to know everyone,all mad,but we're all very freindly and love a good laugh!!!

3. I phoned Mulberry and asked them once because i received a Mulberry Annie last xmas but it had a flaw so i sent it back and got it exchanged. The first bag had no serial number but the second one did ! Anyhow Mulberry says the serial numbers don't mean anything! some batches have them and some don't. Seems pointless to me!

4. Thanks for the help and the welcome to The Purse Forum. I found out about it because I stupidly 'won' an auction on eBay for a bayswater. One of your members kindly emailed me to say it is probably a fake (can't believe I did it - but I HAD to have it!!) I will wait for the bag to arrive, send a photo and see what you all think. This website is brilliant. Thanks to the person who helped.

5. Mulberry stopped adding numbers to the back of discs about 3-4 years ago when the fakes starting to be more plentiful. They did it in a bid to counteract the replica makers, some of whom soon caught on and also stopped putting numbers on the back of discs. They restarted adding numbers again about 18 months-2 years ago. However, as flyvetjo says, the numbers are not serial numbers, they are just random. Years ago, the bags did used to have their own unique serial number and were individually itemised, but not anymore, so it is a bit pointless.

However, bear in mind that not all bags have discs. So, some bags will have no disc, some will have a disc with no number, and some will have a disc with a number. Some models don't even have a Mulberry label inside, the cleo and layla being two examples that spring to mind.