Vert Olive Leather-- Yes or No?

AND I agree with Callmelulu, I never wear Green/Olive clothes....don't own one item in this color range EXCEPT a vintage jacket from the '40's. The color of this jacket is a lime-green and I did wear this piece with my Olive bag and it worked because I also tied it all together with a plisse in chartreuse/turquoise. BUT if you wear lot's in the same color story, then you might want something in the Brown/Gold family instead.

I'll post a pic wearing the vintage jacket too (as long as you guys don't laugh at me.....I love vintage things!)

Here I am and here's my new baby......

28cm Vert Olive Retourne with Palladium hardware in Clemence.

I wear tons of jeans, black, brown, tan, white and Vert Olive goes with all of it. I think it's a fantastic neutral that adds a bit of interest and "color" to every outfit.

And here's the story behind it......

At the store, I was offered two bags. 28cm Chocolate Box Retourne and this Vert Olive. My friend knew in a hot minute that the Vert Olive was perfect....I knew 20 seconds later it was going home with me. My exact words were something like, "Oh My God! LOOK at this color! It's gorgeous!) And you know how much I love BOX Calf!!!!!! I passed on BOX calf for this little beauty. Actually, even though I LOVED it immediately, I walked around the store with it for a while before deciding because, like you, I just wasn't sure the color was "neutral" enough for me, that it would go with my lifestyle, wardrobe, etc.

But finally I realized that it WAS perfect, that it WOULD go with everything, that the leather was fantastic for everyday and not only did I buy it but I WORE it out the store!!!!! I used her every single day while I was in NY and I've used it every day here at home. And this is the testament to how versatile it really is because in NY I dressed much nicer than here in Alaska where the Birkinstocks reign supreme and sweatclothes are the order of the day!

I'll post pics later today in various clothes so you can see how versatile this color is.....but for now.....here she is.

WOW! What do you know ... it's out already! I love Vert Olive, saw it in a swatch and dying to find it in a Bolide 37.

Actually, I find that Vert Olive is a very neutral color, it's fabulous. I applaud your excellent taste, Shopmom.

AND I agree with Callmelulu, I never wear Green/Olive clothes....don't own one item in this color range EXCEPT a vintage jacket from the '40's. The color of this jacket is a lime-green and I did wear this piece with my Olive bag and it worked because I also tied it all together with a plisse in chartreuse/turquoise. BUT if you wear lot's in the same color story, then you might want something in the Brown/Gold family instead.

I'll post a pic wearing the vintage jacket too (as long as you guys don't laugh at me.....I love vintage things!)

Shopmom, that Vert Olive will go with all your browns, blacks and neutrals.

thank you for the photo shopmom! It's really very pretty indeed! it seems to take on a different shade depending on the light. I will really think this through :smile: thanks so much!!

can't wait to see shopmom's pics of her vert olive kelly with various outfits. from shopmom's pics, i think it's a very pretty shade of olive. sometimes i look down at what i'm wearing to see what color bags i could coordinate. today, i'm wearing a pink shirt and jeans, and olive would be perfect. i guess you have to see it IRL (wearing colors you usually wear to get a good idea) and see how you feel. if you feel like you can't go home without it, it is a great sign. if you have reservations about this and that, maybe it's not for you. good luck!

Yay dress-up with shopmom! I can see that this color would "show up" against your lovely black/denim wardrobe and add just the perfect amount of color and intrest for you. Can't wait for pics.

Ohh yeah. I hadn't even given that colour the time of day until I saw shopmom's new acquistion. It's certainly a stunner. I guess it depends on the leather as well, but I would definitely say a big fat YES!

mrs.T, here's another olive kelly to inspire you a little bit more : 28 kelly chevre with GH

IMG_1151.jpg

I think olive is a gorgeous color and I would kill to own something Hermes in it. I do own a couple of bags in olive and I'm always surprised at just how much they go with. It's a great neutral and not something you see everyday.

Ok.....here's a few shots of Olive with a few changes of clothing this morning....

This one is utilizing the Bag Charm Chain as an extender so I can use the bag as a messenger....

Black Cashmere blend sweater, light colored Jeans, Constance Belt w/Palladium, "Chemins...." scarf, Vert Olive Kelly.

Attachments

• Vertolive6.jpg
    Vertolive6.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2,294
Next.....what happens with white......

White linen jacket, same light jeans, same "Constance" belt, "En Duo" scarf and Vert Olive.

Attachments

• Vertolive3.jpg
    Vertolive3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,500
Wow, that's a fabulous way of wearing your new Kelly, D! Love it! I would've never thought of using the bag charm as an extender for the strap so it could be worn messanger style. Ingenious!!!