Vert D'eau Owners! Tell me why you love it.

1. Vert D'eau is one of those colours that I didn't really care for that much when I just saw pictures, but the other day I saw one in person and was very impressed by the colour. I'm thinking about a Vert D'eau Twiggy, but I'm trying to decide if this is a passing fancy or if it's a bag I will truly use. The Twiggy style is easily my favourite, and I want to get some more. This will involve selling off more of my lesser-used Cities, so I will at least have some extra room and money for a new addition.

For those of you who have this colour, what do you like about it? Are there cons (like fading or yellowing) that I should be aware of? What do you wear it with? Is there a colour you would recommend to me instead?

Any responses are appreciated and of course modeling/bag pictures are always great! :tup:

Thanks everybody! :heart:
  2. Ohhh man, okay! My Vert D'ea City is easily my most used bbag. The colour is fantastic, but unforunately mine does show a little yellowing at the top right under the handles.. HOWEVER, this bag has the silkiest leather ever! It's so beautiful, and the little bit of yellowing doesn't bother me at all, in fact i kind of think it's endearing. It looks fab with so many colours (i wear lots of black, pinks, purples)

I actually just took some new pics of my bag a couple days ago, i'll upload in a minute :smile:
  3. [​IMG]

SEPMID 001.jpg SEPMID 003.jpg
  4. here's some random pics that i found with me wearing it :smile: Hope this helps!:heart:
    JULYEARLY 030.jpg 1sammyschoolsatan.jpg outfit2.JPG
  5. I don't have it, but I do love the color and have almost purchased one on eBay several times, then chickened out because I have a hunch this one is going to yellow. I figure I will wait a year or so, then if they don't yellow and I see one up for auction, I will get it then. It really is a gorgeous color and the leather on all of them seemed really fabulous.
  6. the story behind my vert d'eau city: it wasn't a planned purchase - my SA actually put it on hold for me after she unpacked it and thought i would like it. had no idea what she had on hold, but after trying it on, i loved it! and goes well with the colors that i wear: neutrals, blues, greys, and some brights.

i would say the leather is the selling point. it was never super distressed to begin with and became silkier with time. love the way the bag slouches and kinda melts. overall the color is just super pretty and delicate. IMO, the color looks better after some wear. HTH!
  7. Sammy,
    I don't see the yellowing. Can you take a close up of it?
  8. Love the color, and will be purchasing one myself. I'm trying to decide on the style bag first. I say go for it!
  9. It's VERY slight and can only be noticed in certain light.. here's another pic where it looks more extreme.

10. I do see the very slight yellowing, Sammydoll. But I still love the color. I have been on the fence about it for a long time, but I have been keeping it in the back of my mind because I knew that Aloha Rag still had the Vert D'eau Part Time, RH.

I emailed them every few weeks just to see if they still have it in stock.

I just emailed them again the other day, and they said they only had ONE left.

Sammydoll, your pics put me over the edge. I'm not sure whether I should curse you or thank you, but I'll go with the thank you!! ;)

I just faxed my form over to Aloha Rag to get their LAST Vert D'eau Part Time. :wlae:
  11. Thank you so much for all the pictures Sammy! (You're so cute in all of your pictures.)

I guess I need to figure out how much the possibility of yellowing will bother me...
  12. fiatflux, congratulations!
  13. Aw, congrats! You're going to loovee it! :yes::heart:

Number of enables made today- 1 ;)

And Cheshire- thanks so much! Every time i see a pic of you i think you're gorgeous, you have great style! :smile:
  14. CC, I choose my vert d'eau because I thought that the leather was especially good, and I think that the color is very special. before buying it, I saw it worn by somebody else, and I loved it.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but to vert d'eau owners, do you think it's ridiculoud to own both vert d'eau and white in the same style?
  15. :roflmfao::roflmfao: Yay!!! Waiting for your pics Fiat!