Vernis on Painted wood

1. Hi everyone, I bought a shelving unit today for my bags. It is made from wood but was painted (bought like this) so Im wondering If I leave vernis on it, could there be any possibility of color transfer ?.

2. hmmm, interesting question! :confused1: (Hi, btw :p)

I'd like to know as well. I guess as long as there's a top coat on the paint, everything should be ok :shrugs:

3. hmm. I would place a piece of fabric uner the vernis items or just put them in their LV dust bags just to be on the safe side.

4. Hi, thanks for your replies.

BTW - Mara - The shelf Ive got is from Ikea and its similar painted wood as your shelves. I left the vernis on overnight and it seems to be ok. Im just a little worried about sticking. I would hate to ruin it. :flowers:

5. lol, I already suspected it would be :graucho:

Which modell is it? Are they called the same all over the world? mine is called "LACK" and I wouldn't worry about those as I think they aren't painted, but have a colored foil (?) around them, kwim?

6. lol mine is called AGERUM, they are called the same allover the world. I saw the lack shelves but they were not wide enough to fit a mercer on so I didnt buy them and all the other shelves were not wide enough too. But I found a great shelving unit that holds everything so I got that. Yes I think it is coated with something so I think it will be ok but I will keep checking lol :flowers:

7. lol, I know that one! :nuts: Did you get the two or four "story" one?