vernis gone bad...

1. everyone is soo scared of getting color transfers and yellowing on vernis...but i have never seen it...

if anyone has had this happen to their vernis or has come across one on eBay can you show us pics? just so some of us vernis newbies (such as myself) are aware of what exactly to look for..and which is which.

for example: there is this vernis pearl reade being sold by authentic_lvlady and it looks good over all but I have no clue what this is...scuff marks??

[​IMG]

and what's this dot??

[​IMG]

2. I have a vernis pearl wallet, I understand it is really easy to get marks on it. I actually keep it in a dustbag in my purse.
    I have seen a recent post about using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or something like that on Vernis, but I would be afraid to buy anything that looks messed up.
    The lady at the LV store told me not to get ink on my wallet, so I don't even leave pens in my purse. Yes, I know that is crazy, but I love my purses and my wallet.

3. That scuff mark looks like color transfer to me since most things should wipe off easily and cleanly. That dot looks like some red liquid was dropped on it and sat to long before it was wiped off. Maybe koolaid or something. Dunno for sure though those are just my thoughts heh. :p

4. Those are most definitely color transfer spots.
    And some vernis pieces actually change color over time...I've seen some baby blue pieces that have turned seafoam green (the outside is greenish and the inside is blue) and some of the marshmallow pieces have turned peach.

5. I think thats color transfer....

6. ^^ wow..that's soo scary...that's why I'm hesitant to buy a big peice (like a reade) in vernis...I was thinking pearl to much my everyday outfits, but I think I'd be too worried...perhaps a red or something instead..or pomme...LOL..i'm pomme crazy right now!

7. Thats why I'm scared to buy a Roxbury Drive Vernis, I'm afraid of the color changing and getting marks on it. My second time using my Batignolles I scuffed the handle, I can only imagine what I would do to a Vernis! :sweatdrop:

8. I photoshopped the contrast and saturation on this bag because it is so hard to capture any blemishes on Vernis.... this bag has black color transfering on the bottom part and the side which I think you can see in pics if you look closely...such a shame for a $1000 bag that wasnt even used that much :crybaby:.

Ebay 063.jpg
  9. This is definitely a case of color transfer. The little black dot, I'm not sure about. I have seen many used pieces with a dot or two.
    Darker vernis pieces seem to fare very well. Some examples: Pomme, Indigo, Bronze, Purple, even Framboise.

10. Here's some more color transfer ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for discoloration ... see how this silver bag has a goldish tint to it now? only on the outside ... best bet is to compare inside & outside pics ... they should be pretty close to the same color.

[​IMG]

11. This looks like peppermint, but when you look inside, it's actually light blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pink one has stripes of discoloration
    [​IMG]

Again, outside ...
    [​IMG]

inside ...
    [​IMG]

12. I have a pearl vernis purse too. When I first bought it and took it home I noticed that same exact red dot. I don't know what it was, but it didn't look like a surface stain. So, I returned it for a better one. I was lucky that I spotted it right away. Now I'm afraid I might get that spot back whether I like it or not. But, I hardly use that purse now and I haven't noticed any changes while it sat in my closet in its dustbag. Good luck, if you figure something out about that dot please post it. :smile:

13. Wow scary pics!!!

14. How can you prevent color transfers? I really want to know, because my last few purchases until my ban of LV bags will b vernis.

15. I know, I didn't think it was so common. :wtf: