Vera Bradley

1. So. I'm absolutely loving this handbag forum, I've been learning SO much about handbags, and you guys are all so sweet. :smile:

I'm curious to know what is thought about Vera Bradley's line of handbags/luggagel. I used to pass off Vera Bradley as just being ugly bags with weird prints- PLUS I'm a college student, so I'm bombarded by about a zillion vera bradley totes with sorority letters sewn onto them :-P (nothing against sorority girls, one of my best girls from back home is one)
    buuuuuuuuuuut. Lately I've developed a little bit of a weakness for them! There's something charming about the comfy, quilted little bags- and they go well with casual outfits. I have a pink little toggle tote- and a reaalllly teeny nantucket navy one ( I can't remember the name).

So, Vera Bradley... what's the verdict?

charming- perhaps whimsical little line of bags, that can be worn by a mom, college student, or anyone....

or fugly, inexplicably popular line of bags that should be left to greek life and unfashionable travellers? :-P I'd love to hear your thoughts!

:smile:

2. To tell you the truth, I've never heard of this brand before...but I think I've seen them on people though. I just checked out their website out of curiousity and now I know why I never heard of them...:huh:.. just kidddding. I'm not a cherrie, flowery, fabric bag person, so it's hard for me to judge, but I have to admit I'm kinda liking them for the beach, park, etc. and the prices are great, so if I damage it I won't cry my eyes out (I can see why students like them).

3. I actually think that Vera Bradley has some cute stuff for casual use. Like a tote for the weekend or a cute makeup bag to add a splash of color.... They are whimsical in the right size and style.

4. i have seen those bags before and i had no idea that they were actually associated with a name brand/designer. all this time i just thought they were a hippie chic kinda thing that u get in the L.L. Bean catalogue or something. who knew?!

anyway i never liked them, but that's cause i associated them with being dowdy.

5. my roomate over the summer at cornell (summer program) had very bradley EVERYTHING. to tell you the truth, i have never been a huge fan of her stuff to begin with. but waking up every morning to warehouse worthy quantities made things worse. i just see it as cheap looking and somewhat tacky (no offense to anyone who owns her stuff). oh well, i guess to each her own.

6. I've never actually seen Vera Bradley items retailling here.. and I really don't like their designs at all. But different strokes for different folks.

7. I think Vera Bradley is cute! So preppy and fun. Reminds me of what the girls at the Seven Sisters College would carry. I've wanted the duffle (duffel?) bag for a long time but I'm afraid it'd get dirty to easily. Are they easy to clean?

Also, I see a lot of them on eBay. Are there really faux Vera Bradleys?

8. I've seen them, but I don't love them for me personally. They're a little too French Provencial-ish for a handbag for me.
    I do know they have a big fan base though.

9. I like the designs...all the little pockets & I like how comfy & lightweight they are. But...I really don't like the flower designs. I wish they'd have them in solid colors or in "hipper" prints...

10. they seem very practical but they always reminded me of some little old granny's knitting bag that her friend esther made for her... i just can't get into it

11. I know a lot of people on this forum seem to hate them, but I love them! Especially the travel size totes. In college, I avoided them like a plague, but they grew on me over time. I'm not really into buying really nice travel bags, and these are just perfect for me. I have different prints/sizes for various occasions. Oh, I love the mini Betsey, kind of like a pochette or miniature version of a regular-sized bag...I use it when I'm running a quick errand. Oh, sadly, they also make really great lunch and knitting totes. God, I sound old.

12. Yes, I'm afraid that's my reaction too. Don't really care for them.

13. I like the hanging bag covers, at least you could pick out your bag then while traveling--brightly colored prints, rather than the standard black hang bag.

The purses do nothing for me, but one of my very best friends just loves them. To each his own, I guess

14. I like Vera Bradley, but still have a ton of Pierre Deux leftover from the 70s and 80s.

15. My aunt works in a botique that carries them and gave me one as a gift. Its a toggle tote and I was wondering what she was thinking! I carried it to the beach and got so attached to it I purchased a larger one to use as a carry on. Some of their prints aren't my taste but they sure are comfortable to carry, wash well, and I didn't have to worry about damaging an expensive bag when I was throwing it in an overhead bin with everyone elses bags. I now like Vera Bradly!

I see them on people of every age. Depends on your taste and what you will use it for. Some of their patterns are definately better than others.