Vera Bradley Bags: Yay or Nay?

I like the burgundy and green paisley patterns. I don't own any Vera Bradley, but I like most of the bags. I find them very inoffensive and it's a nice change from the usual fake Coach I see around here. The only VB's I can't stand are the little backpacks :yucky:...

I have a VB diaper bag and it is perfect for toting around everything you need for 2 kids. Although I have to say that although I found the patterns very cute at first, I'm pretty sick of it after 4 or 5 months. But I'll keep using it because it holds everything, it's easy to keep clean, and it still manages to look cute.

I don't use Veras as handbags, but I love the little cosmetic bags. They make it super easy to change purses every day! *lol* I also use a Vera Bradley baby bag for my laptop. The satchel and large duffel are fantastic for travel, too. My husband loves to make me go stay in his musty cabin on the lake, and I like being able to wash those bags when we get home. :tup:

I was talking to a friend the other day who said that they appear cheap and that she doesn't understand the Vera Bradley craze that seems to have swept the town.
I concur.

I certainly don't like them. I got a very small one some years ago and I threw it away last year. Yes, I literally threw it in the trash. I couldn't bring myself to even give it away. The people around here think it is the epitome of fashion and the most expensive bag one can buy. I have even had people question whether my Hermes bags are as "expensive" as their Vera Bradley (seriously..and no I had not been drinking...they really asked that).

One last thing...I don't understand why there are KNOCKOFF Vera Bradley bags. :throwup:

They have been familiar around here (preppy land) forever. I have a tote that I keep my needlepoint in and a garmet bag that I use for auto travel. Love those pieces and have had them for 15 years or so. I would never select VB for an everyday handbag, though.

I think that some of them are cute, and the accessories can be really cute. I have a little id pouch that I use for the gym for my key and id because I can wash it. They are not usually my style, but I don't mind them.

I have a big tote with lots of inside pockets that is perfect for taking on a plane with a 2 year old. If it gets messy, just throw it in the washer! I learned my lesson last flight when someone decided to discard their drinks behind them which was actually my area to store my purse. I almost had a heart attack when her tea spilled over and almost went all over my new (one day old) leather handbag!!
That said, I wouldn't carry it as an everyday bag. I didn't realize they were that popular! To each his own!

Call me a tacky Grandma (I'm not a Grandma, but my Grandma was a super sweet lady, so I don't mind), but I like them. ;) I would like a tote style bag to carry my stuff to and from work. My purses suffer a lot of abuse day after day. I think the accessories are really cute too. I like the pink elephants.

I only own one, and I adore it. It's a laptop bag that I use as a diaper bag. It's perfect for all of the little baby things you need to carry around (changing pad, diapers, bottles, etc.) and it has tons of pockets. The best thing about it is that I can just throw it in the washer whenever it gets grungy. I had the Juicy Couture diaper bag and after a month it was disgustingly filthy. So as a Mommy, it's Vera Bradley all the way for me!

I wouldn't use it as a handbag, but I'm not one of those people that look down on others for enjoying it. Some people can't afford designer, or aren't willing to give up other things for a purse. If it makes them happy, and they think it's cute, that's all that matters.