1. Do I take things too personally or does this bother you too? You post about a bag you like (note: I didn't post here -- none of you are responsible for my current state of pissed-offedness) and suddenly people feel compelled to tell you how much they "hate" the "fugly" bag that you're thinking of buying or have bought.

I've never felt compelled to post to criticize somebody's taste and then compound it by using such nasty language. I cannot understand why others can't exercise similar restraint.

There have been some bags that people have purchased that I wouldn't be caught dead with but they are so proud of their purchase -- why would I want to sh#t all over their happiness?

Has this happened to you and what did you do about it?
  2. If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. Obviously someone loves that particular bag so if you don't like it and don't have anything nice to say, don't comment. It's a different story when someone asks for " an honest opinion" on something. Then they have to be prepared to get positive and negative comments.

I don't have any experience with this. I don't think you should take it personal. Obviously the posters who mad the rude comments don't have much courtesy or they are jealous.

Cheer up!
  3. Eh, I don't worry about it. I would not take it personally.
  4. dont worry about that other people say. we are all different so if you like the bags then why care what other people think.

obviously if nasty comments have been said other than just in a similar context as 'no i do not like the bag' or 'no it's no my taste' then i can understand how you feel.

those people are just being ignorant and rude. do not care too much.

just enjoy what you have and love every piece you are adding to your ever growing collection :yes:
  5. Try not to let it get to you some people are just haters...they hate to see others get things or be happy. Try not to let them get to you or else it is like letting them win. HUGZ
  6. I'm so sorry. It has not happened to me. Like you, I seen bags I cant stand but others are so happy I would not dare say it is ugly. Plus beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it only needs to look good to those who like it and have it. Dont let mean spirited people get to you,a nd remember that forums are for cmmunication and expression, people are allowed to say what they want within reason. Just be happy that you have your own taste and your own sense of style.
  7. i don't blame you for taking it personally, restricter. i think on TPF a lot us understand each other's love for bags and know that it takes on many different shapes and styles. and we all truly feel that excitement for each other when we make new purchases (whether we like them or not). i really don't think you can find that kind of understanding and feeling of community anywhere else.

i've had my bag called fake (mc speedy) on lj and i wasn't offended, i just laughed at this person's ignorance for authentics.
  8. ~I'm sorry to hear that *Restricter*. Unfortunately, that has happened to me numerous of time:mad:-I can't really bark back 'cause these pp are the pp I work with. Sometimes, I just walk away and keep quiet...sometimes, I would replied "Hey, what can I say-I'm just SHALLOW" hahaha... :roflmfao:You should have seen their faces. :graucho: Anyway, bunches of hugs going your way
    (((hugs))) worries abt. them, yep! trust me you have good taste:girlsigh::flowers:~
  9. if its a "which LV you hate/ never buy?" thread or something like that i guess its ok.. if its a "i bought this, come see" kinda thread then its inappropriate to say un-nice things imo.. usually if i don't like the bag so much i don't leave a comment.
    yes it does bother me a little when other people say they don't like the bag etc (neverfull-cheap looking etc..; trevi- old looking, mary poppins bag etc).. but at the end of the day i love my bags so it doesn't matter.
  10. I understand how you are feeling. When people say that the LV bucket or another bag I own is old or ugly, I am a little hurt even when it is not directed at me personally. I would never say that about a bag; what is boring or ugly to me might be someone else's holy grail and I would never want to take away from their pleasure!
    But when someone directly says "your bag is fugly", then I am under the impression that the person was not raised with good social skills/manners and I should pity them for not functioning well in society.
  11. I have seen this kind of thing before, and yes it is unfortunate. There is a time and place to say you hate something, but not when someone is excited that they just bought it or are about to buy it. I congratulate someone for having something they like, whether I would buy it or not.
  12. thats why u should never leave TpF!!:devil: BWaahaHahA
  13. Don't let them get to you.

I have read posts towards me, saying that I spend too much on bags or I try to show off because I like high end things. I figure they are just jealous.
  14. I would say "and who asked for your opinion again?". I can't stand people who do that, sorry that you're subject to such rude behaviour. Hasn't happened to me personally, but a friend of mine always points out things I own that she could get much cheaper overseas (or her friend got much cheaper overseas), no one likes to feel like they've been ripped off do they? So I struggle to understand why she always does that, especially when I'm obviously proud of what I bought etc.

I hope you feel better soon! :heart:
  15. Honestly.. I tell people I don't like things that they might like but I'm not rude about it...

There was a huge thread about this a few months ago...

Sorry that happened... I wouldn't take it personally some people don't know how to word things the right way... if you like something then don't worry about anything negative!