Vent about the Rafe Lindsay Wooster satchel...

1. I purchased this bag recently from ebags, and as soon as I opened the box, I knew it was going back.

First of all, I understand washed leather, but my impression is that they wash the leather first, and THEN construct the bag. Well, not in this case, it seems. The bag looks like it was sewn together, put in the washing machine and then dried. I mean, the leather is rough, the seam are puckered... Have you ever gotten leather gloves wet and left them to dry and they become sort of rough and stiff? That's what this bag is like.

And ebags has some sort of archaic system that makes you wait a WEEK to just get a return label! Why they can't let you print it right away like Zappos or Shoebuy is a mystery...

[​IMG]

2. Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that! I just ordered a bag from ebags as a Christmas present for my sister and it was very carefully wapped and looks great. It was my first time to use them and I was pretty happy.

Shame...the bag is pretty in the studio pic.

I didn't know that their return system was so slow, tho.

3. I know, the bag looks soft and smooshy from the pic, but that just goes to show you that pictures can lie...

Their shipping time is good, but the return process stinks...

I'm glad you like your bag, though! I guess I just got a lemon...

4. That totally bites...it's a nice bag so it's a shame. I'm sorry you're going thru this especially near Christmas. :sad:

5. I'm not a fan of eBags either. I ordered a Rafe bag from them as well. The bag was gorgous and I loved everything about it......except that the color on the website looked NOTHING like the color I got. What I thought I had ordered was a dark charcoal color and what I got was a light greyish-brown taupe color.

I waited a week for my return label as well. After it had been a week I called and the rep told me to "check the status" of my return online. My label was sitting right there waiting to be printed and the whole time I'd been waiting for the email like they told me (and no, it didn't go to my junk folder...I just never got one). Needless to say it would take an act of God type markdown for me to order from them again.

6. Sorry bagatella, that's a bummer! When I first saw this bag online I really liked it, but then when I saw it IRL I wasn't that impressed. It was definitely "washed" but it wasn't as bad as you described it?! Hmmm....time to find something else to love!