Venetia or Stella?

I think the venetia is more sophisticated! Both are great styles though, it really depends on how you plan to use it. I think the stella carries a lot more, and is more comfortable to carry on the shoulder... but in terms of looks over functionality, then definitely the venetia!

I actually own both too, like many other ppl on tPF i'm sure, and I found them both to serve different purposes. The Stella I have is in black and it is very classic to me. I use it for work and for running errands etc. It is roomy, easily fits on my shoulder, and isn't too heavy.

I just purchased the Venetia and actually am a little scared to use it! It's been apple guarded and is all ready for use, but I'm nervous to take my baby out. I think the Venetia is a little bit "dressier" but not in a way that can't be worn casually.

I had the same concerns as you, with regards to the strap over the middle, and ppl have said that they leave it undone. I think that will be fine and it is such a pretty bag.

Sorry to be of no help, I love them all and I say if it's possible, GET THEM BOTH!!!! :yahoo:

I just got a berry venetia and I love it, I think I like it more than my bbag and paddy and it was the cheapest! It is so classic and goes with everything and can be worn on the shoulder or off

I love the Stella, love it and own it in several versions and use it a lot.

That said, in many ways the Venetics is THE iconic pockets-and-buckle Marc Jacobs bag. There is a reason it was one of the bags on the Lucky Magazine book covers (remember, there were 4 different covers I think?) - it defines the whole line for me in some ways.

Now, I have a Venetia (sap green, blue suede lining) and I rarely carry it, but if you are the type to carry that bag (you will know!) - it is really quite a bag.

If you are the type to carry a more "practical bag", then I can't think of a better bag than the Stella - chic, practical, durable, and just the best.

They don't make Stella's anymore - Venetias are easier to find. True, the Venetia is heavy, but then I find the Stella just as heavy once it's filled up with what it looks like it can hold. I say get both!

They don't make Stella's anymore - Venetias are easier to find. True, the Venetia is heavy, but then I find the Stella just as heavy once it's filled up with what it looks like it can hold. I say get both!

jbelle you and I are on the same page...i mean they are both great bags...told her to get both too!!! :yahoo:

Given all the positive remarks about the Venetia and Stella, and in accordance with the suggestions of yesther and jbelle, I have decided to get both bags! The thread referenced by Melly about the sagging problem of the Stella has been of great assistance in choosing a Stella.

Kiv, the best place to find a Stella at this time is probably eBay. Just make sure you educate yourself on what a real Stella is supposed to look like and buy from a seller with stellar feedback.

The Sap Green Venetia has arrived already and I have posted a photo of it. I have also posted a photo of the Venetia with my Petunia Blake. The colors of Marc Jacobs bags are just yummy! Thanks again for all of your opinions!

Attachments

• SapGreenVenetia.jpg
    SapGreenVenetia.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Venetia&Blake(2).jpg
    Venetia&Blake(2).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 54
Congrats on your new Venetia!! That sap green color is *gorgeous*. I saw this bag on the arm of someone a few days ago and had to stop to compliment her on it. Do you mind if I ask where you got your new bag?

Sap Green Venetia Beautiful!! I just love this bag, I have admired it for years.. With luck to get one some day. I would love this green or fushcia.

Given all the positive remarks about the Venetia and Stella, and in accordance with the suggestions of yesther and jbelle, I have decided to get both bags! The thread referenced by Melly about the sagging problem of the Stella has been of great assistance in choosing a Stella.

Kiv, the best place to find a Stella at this time is probably eBay. Just make sure you educate yourself on what a real Stella is supposed to look like and buy from a seller with stellar feedback.

The Sap Green Venetia has arrived already and I have posted a photo of it. I have also posted a photo of the Venetia with my Petunia Blake. The colors of Marc Jacobs bags are just yummy! Thanks again for all of your opinions!