Venetia or Stella?

1. I already have the Blake in Petunia. Should I get the Venetia (in Sap Green) or Stella (in black) next? Pros and Cons to either the Venetia or Stella would be appreciated! Thanks for your help!

2. I like them both but I think it depends on how you plan on using the bag. Do you require a shoulder bag or is an arm crook bag ok?

3. My vote is for the Stella. I am not a "handbag" girl as I need my hands free for shopping. I love the Stella -- it's enormous, indestructable, and very easy to access the inside contents.

I looked at the Venetia, and its weight was definitely a factor. The bag is heavy. Along with being a "hand" bag, it is also very cumbersome to get in and out of.

4. The Blake is my shoulder bag so I guess an arm crook bag would be fine. Do you prefer the way one looks over the other? Do you have a favorite or one you use more than others?

5. They both are very roomy but Venetia has more a classic look to it. Stella is more casual. They both are pretty heavy but it also depends with the linings. Suede linings are tend to be heavier.

Venetia can be a little bit inconvenient because of the strap in the middle but that doesn't stop this beauty to win my heart :p. Venetia is more of a hand bag and slightly awkward to put it on your shoulder while Stella is definitely a shoulder bag. It really depends what will be more comfortable for you.

My suggestion get BOTH! Your MJ collections won't be complete without them!:p

6. I prefer the Stella, but you really cannot lose with either. They are both gorgeous styles.

7. Although I love the Stella, I worry about the sagging problem. Ever since MPJ pointed it out I can't seem to get past it. That said, if you can find one in good shape I would go for the Stella.

8. Thanks for the feedback everyone! All of your opinions are greatly appreciated. I just discovered Marc Jacobs bags and just LOVE them - I would not be surprised if I ended up getting both the Venetia and Stella!

9. Venetia gets the aesthetic vote, Stella get the practical vote.

Like everyone else said, the Stella is more comfortable to carry and easy to get into and out of. But I think the Venetia is the prettiest MJ bag of the classics.

10. Honestly, the Sap color is so beautiful that I'd go with the Venetia. I like both bags, but that color! MJ is really about the beautiful colors.

11. I am trying to make the same decision! The Stella is definitely my favorite, but finding one that's new or in a color that I like has been very difficult. I think I am going to get both. I think having the Venetia will help the time pass until I find my Stella. So maybe get the one you find first? :shrugs:

12. I think a black Stella is a must-have. If I *had* to choose, I'd pick the Stella over the Venetia. My Venetia is absolutely my heaviest bag. I don't think it's difficult to get into though. :smile: I don't think you can make a wrong decision.

If you have a store nearby that carries MJ bags, I would go try one on to assess the weight and size.

Let us know which one you choose!

13. LOL Sagging ?? You must educate - I have a Stella I don't think it sags? Where would it do this?

14. You really can't go wrong with either bag. Both Venetia and Stella are classic styles. If you don't mind a hand-carried bag, then get the Venetia (although I'm able to carry this on my shoulder with no coat).