Venerating Vert Anis

I love vert anis too! I'm thinking that will be a future bag for me as well. Haven't see chartrsue IRL and I'd also have to decide between chevre or togo (vert anis is quite different in chevre).

Good luck! I hope you find the bag that makes you go ga-ga!

Just my two cents addition here
Okay here goes:
I am in love with the greens! I own a smattering of accessories in vert anis and chartreuse (This is why I do not have a birkin, as some of my sister tpf ladies have pointed out!!!!)
vert anis & chartr clemence are to die for- i own them both and they go with everything i own (ivorys, tans, jeans of course- ive cut back on black for a while and am into navy) practically and they go together too!!!
H scarves are always my saving grace, as you can tie together any outfit with one!
good luck !

If you are normally a neutral person and you suddenly fall in love with a color, I think it's a great sign that you should get a bag in that color. You will love the bag so much that you will inevitably come up with many different ways to wear it.

I have a vert anis pencil holder in chevre and I LOVE the color--I too am a neutral gal and VA seems to go with everything. It's on my list for possible Birkin 35 colors--my only question is, does it show dirt because it's a lighter color--not that I ever plan on getting a Birkin dirty but you never know when you'll be picked up by a tornado and swept off to Kansas or something

TV--one thing to note, Vert Anis in Chevre is slightly more muted---almost like Chartreuse! So if ideally you want something with a bit more yellow or a more muted version, consider Vert Anis in Chevre, although I love it in Togo!

I love Vert Anis as well, and I wear a neutral wardrobe as well. It's a great color, and I agree, also surprisingly neutral and I find it's more wearable that BJ or other "colors". It's like the green walls in people's homes - it's surprisingly easy to match!

i love my vert anis birkin 35. it fits with everything!

case in point : yesterday, i was wearing a chocolate brown short jacket, jeans, brown suede wedges and my vert anis birkin. it automatically brings color to an otherwise boring outfit!

it can be a bag for all seasons!

Thanks so much for everyone's informative and encouraging posts! I have been mentally going through almost every color combination for the one-day-in-the-next-five-years SO and when I contemplate ordering anything other than VA (have to admit I've never seen chartreuse irl either Frenchiefan) I get pangs for it. Orchids and callmelulu I'll check it out in chevre and togo- but have to admit it's Orchids togo VA birkin with the twilly pics which made my pulse quicken. And the chocolate stitching would be so great. As pazt points out, it brings a punch of color to a neutral outfit and I've got pretty much only neutral clothing. I think I'm going to download a pic, enlarge it, and then every day when I get dressed see how I would like a VA bag to go with it. I'm pretty sure I'd want it in a Birkin rather than a Kelly because I have promised myself that the next Kelly purchase will be black box and there is something about the more casual aspect of a Birkin that makes it lend itself to a bold color choice.

A few months(?) ago I remember reading an article (was it T&C?) in which the author describes her (bright emerald??) green LV bag and how it seemed like a risky choice when she bought it but wound up leading to all sorts of side benefits besides compliments. As I recall on one crowded flight a flight attendant noticed her bag and invited the author to sit in First Class where there was an empty seat, commenting on how great her bag was when extending the offer. It made me think about how color can make a positive fashion statement which reveals a bit of personality.

Rose- tweedees and VA Birkins???

I do love vert anis too. I too have the same colors as you and I am afraid to experiment. I would like to get a bag that's not black or brown. I am starting 'small' - I have a vert anis Karo on hold (don.t report me to H-annon!!) which I am picking up next week. Maybe we can encourage each other in LV.

Rose, Rose, Rose... Oops...shoved Dominatrix Teddy in the closet yesterday and he is temporarily unavailable... I have a feeling LV could be a bit dangerous...

Tax, I am trying to decide if my "vert anis" is gold or bj... (I feel a bit conflicted about the bj abbreviation in the same post as a reference to Dominatrix Teddy...hereafter known as DT...) My SA and I were in deep discussion yesterday as to my Birkin II color... I am also a "tweedee" with heavy emphasis on black and dark denim with an occassional chocolate turn...

A bit off topic, but do you think it would be fun or way to dangerous to meet up for a cocktail before the H event in LV?

I have promised myself that the next Kelly purchase will be black box

Tax, You may want to give L at SCP a call...I saw a black kelly with GH on display yesterday...I want to say it was a 32 and the leather was quite smooth...it may/may not have been box specifically...

Oh, I am not sure if I am supposed to encourage you to (a) purchase or (b) wait...

TV, you're glad to hear Ms. Vert Anis is doing her share of enabling! :graucho:
Since we had some bright sunshine here today, here are some additional pictures. If you need them in higher resolution so you can blow them up to lifesize :nuts: , PM me! I took a close up of my Clover keychain against the Togo, b/c it is Vert Anis in Chevre--you can see it is slightly muted and has more of a yellow tone--that is also the color of the inside lining since it's lined in goatskin too. This color really changes depending on what light you're in. I've noticed it's very neutral in natural light, but under fluorescent lighting it is very bright! HTH! :flowers:

Attachments

• CIMG1428.jpg
    CIMG1428.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 68
  • CIMG1434.jpg
    CIMG1434.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 66
  • CIMG1431.jpg
    CIMG1431.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 67