Velo vs Day

Honeylicious said:
Oh, thanks so much Pollie~!! :hugs:
hmmm.. seems like the Day is a little bigger and NS taller.. side by side, I actualy like how the Velo style better. Do you find yourself digging around in the Day??
your suede Velo is gorgeous by the way

Honey, the top of the Day slouches especially when the bag has stuff inside and when its broken in , so it wont look as big or tall vertically as the velo which has more structure when worn. :smile:

This is what I mean by the top part slouching, I also overstuffed the bag for reference. :smile:
Hope this helps...

Attachments

• day.jpg
    day.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 345
Ouh, I'm not familiar with this style, it looks like a shoulder bag, actually looks less casual than the Day :smile:. This is Chevre?? Hmmm... now I don't konw what I want or need..

No, the two zipper pockets work great for me

Thank you, I love my Suede :yes:

Could be a Bal Club an option for you ? One more pocket on the back
(Underrating style,imo)

fn5jb7.jpg

2zp39tj.jpg

I'd wish,I'd bought this beautiful Pourpre

Light coloured bags do get beaten up fast. I have a Bois de Rose & I am careful with it. I also do not use it as much as my brighter pinks. I guess yellowing is unavoidable with lighter shades, more so if it from the blue family. I even carry a Weekender to work. My things are in pouches which are easy to reach for IMO even in a huge & bottomless bag. & I think it will be tough to hunt out a City/First strap for your Velo. Is your heart saying to keep/not your Ardoise Velo?
Hmm... I don't know what's my heart saying, it's 50/50, ok, maybe 60/40? I thought Branda Song's red Day looks so easy going and no fuss but it might not be an everyday bag for me, if I get one, I'll not get it in black but some pop color. I'm just worry what if I sold my Velo and I don't like the Day later?! I'll be devastated~ and I can't afford to keep both

Hmm... I don't know what's my heart saying, it's 50/50, ok, maybe 60/40? I thought Branda Song's red Day looks so easy going and no fuss but it might not be an everyday bag for me, if I get one, I'll not get it in black but some pop color. I'm just worry what if I sold my Velo and I don't like the Day later?! I'll be devastated~ and I can't afford to keep both

That's a tough one. Can you get a Day to try out & decide on which to let go later? Or go to the nearest Bal store to try it out?

Hey Honey,

5977893803_3e30aa610d_z.jpg

I'm 5-4 and I felt it was a great size bag for me and the bag hung just perfectly. Some love and some don't love the Day. You may find yourself digging around. That is why many call it the "black hole". It carries alot. The rounded strap may need getting used to on your shoulder but many find it comfy.

Keep yourself away from that cobbler! If you already adjusted the strap, you don't need to shorten it anymore...especially if you are considering shortening like City's....You may as well just buy a City.

There are certainly times that I love having a crossbody. That is why I love my Gucci. The straps are great for hand, arm, and shoulder. The strap is perfect for shoulder or crossbody. It is a great everyday bag. I have a big nylon Kipling that can be worn in all those ways too and I wear that for travel, parks, family fun outings, etc.
lol, I know.. :biggrin: what's the point to loop the strap when the bag is not designed to carry that way right? go get a Day!! I see a Ardoise Day with GSH on BNZ so pretty, but Ardoise again??
Your Day looks great~ I'm 5'2", about your size :smile: it just seems like a less fuss bag, just not sure how versatile it is.
I find those short handles helpful when I dig in my Velo, they keep the bag open wide. I feel like I'll need a knee to support the bottom of the Day when digging. But I can't barely wear my Velo and City by the handles over my armpit, and for my Work, everyone knows only one handle will stay on the shoulder, so maybe is better to have a single handle bag??

Hey honey. Are u still thinking about these 2 bags?
I read all the posts and it sounds like you don't really want either. I have never had a velo so can not speak to that but do have a Day and I agree that it is difficult to find things in the bag and I stored mine all last year. Then all of a sudden I took it to Hawaii on vacation and it was perfect for such a casual situation. Used it every day for a week.
It is very easy to travel with. And if you organize stuff inside maybe it will not be such a big deal to reach in and find things. So I like it but prefer City and Work and Purse styles more. The day really doesn't have enough structure for me generally . And since you have doubts already, I think you will probably not be that happy with it as something that will work in many situations.

Won't a Work do the job?

Honeylicious said:
thanks dear :smile: you really overstuffed it~ does the handle leave any mark on your shoulder when you stuffed the bag?

No it doesn't ...but then its not usually this full when i use it (I actually use another Day with regular hardware more often).
What I usually carry - a large 4x7 wallet, a small makeup pouch (powder comb lipgloss lipstick), 2 cellphones, car keys. Sometimes i take my black rh day shopping and it gets full like the photo and its still very comfortable. :smile:
I think youll find the Day a nice respite from dealing with bunny ears and straps. Also i dont find it that difficult to dig inside it . There's a lot of underarm clearance as you can see from the photo. Ive also taken it for more formal work occasions such as formal meetings and it looks fine. There's not much difference in weight between the RH and giant hw for me too. (but im used to a Rocco and parttime too so that might all be relative) :yes:

Hey honey. Are u still thinking about these 2 bags?
I read all the posts and it sounds like you don't really want either. I have never had a velo so can not speak to that but do have a Day and I agree that it is difficult to find things in the bag and I stored mine all last year. Then all of a sudden I took it to Hawaii on vacation and it was perfect for such a casual situation. Used it every day for a week.
It is very easy to travel with. And if you organize stuff inside maybe it will not be such a big deal to reach in and find things. So I like it but prefer City and Work and Purse styles more. The day really doesn't have enough structure for me generally . And since you have doubts already, I think you will probably not be that happy with it as something that will work in many situations.

Won't a Work do the job?
yeah Maxxout, I don't even know what I want. Thanks for your input.
I think it's best for me to check the Day out in our local store. A part of me thinks maybe the single handle will work better but another part of me is not sure about it. I have a Work but it's too big for my everyday use.
I think I'd be happier if I trade my ardoise Velo for a darker color (???)
Sorry gals, I don't mean to waste your time here.. Need to think about this

Hey Honey,

5977893803_3e30aa610d_z.jpg

I'm 5-4 and I felt it was a great size bag for me and the bag hung just perfectly. Some love and some don't love the Day. You may find yourself digging around. That is why many call it the "black hole". It carries alot. The rounded strap may need getting used to on your shoulder but many find it comfy.

Keep yourself away from that cobbler! If you already adjusted the strap, you don't need to shorten it anymore...especially if you are considering shortening like City's....You may as well just buy a City.

There are certainly times that I love having a crossbody. That is why I love my Gucci. The straps are great for hand, arm, and shoulder. The strap is perfect for shoulder or crossbody. It is a great everyday bag. I have a big nylon Kipling that can be worn in all those ways too and I wear that for travel, parks, family fun outings, etc.
Hi there. This bag is amazing. Is it Cassis?

Hi there. This bag is amazing. Is it Cassis?

Thank you CAT! It is a beautiful Sanguine Day. I sold her last year...had WAY too many Sanguines in my collection. I was obsessed. It's a super versatile red...goes with pretty much everything. The leather was unlike any other Bal leather and was divinely soft. I should have kept her...

lol, I know.. :biggrin: what's the point to loop the strap when the bag is not designed to carry that way right? go get a Day!! I see a Ardoise Day with GSH on BNZ so pretty, but Ardoise again??
Your Day looks great~ I'm 5'2", about your size :smile: it just seems like a less fuss bag, just not sure how versatile it is.
I find those short handles helpful when I dig in my Velo, they keep the bag open wide. I feel like I'll need a knee to support the bottom of the Day when digging. But I can't barely wear my Velo and City by the handles over my armpit, and for my Work, everyone knows only one handle will stay on the shoulder, so maybe is better to have a single handle bag??

Thanks! The Day is a great size for even us shorties.

So, THIS is why I've moved onto other designers. It's really important to get that right mixture of features you need to get the most use and best experience from your bag...especially one you want to use more often. I did have to dig a little in the Day but still a great bag. I prefer less digging though. The City is THE Bal style for me. I love City so much, but for everyday use for me, my other brands serve me better. Perhaps, you may want to consider searching other designers as well for a style and size that works better for you.