Food Vegan & Vegetarian Food

Last night dinner-simple but quite good. Open face veggie burger on top of very thin Naan bread spread with hummus & added avacado with baby greens. The Amy's soup is really yummy!
Special thanks again to DM for motivating me to do vegetarian diet again! This time around its been easier & I feel better, plus my DH have even lost a few lbs! [emoji4]
@Dextersmom
IMG_1469787533.975178.jpgIMG_1469787543.987974.jpg

Last night dinner-simple but quite good. Open face veggie burger on top of very thin Naan bread spread with hummus & added avacado with baby greens. The Amy's soup is really yummy!
Special thanks again to DM for motivating me to do vegetarian diet again! This time around its been easier & I feel better, plus my DH have even lost a few lbs! [emoji4]
@Dextersmom
View attachment 3424119View attachment 3424120

Love, love the Amy's range. We don't have a huge line-up of the brand here in the UK, but it's getting there. A fast cheat breakfast for me when I have to be out the door really early is the vegan Breakfast Bun. NOM!

Love, love the Amy's range. We don't have a huge line-up of the brand here in the UK, but it's getting there. A fast cheat breakfast for me when I have to be out the door really early is the vegan Breakfast Bun. NOM!
Oooohhhh thanks clevercat...I'll look for Amy's breakfast bun in grocery store this weekend....we are lucky they sell so many items in AMy's organic brand. Have an awesome Friday over yonder/across the pond as they say!:flowers: My DH & I really want to get to the UK someday.

I don't eat a lot of meat. Some chicken, sashimi and turkey. Not really red meet.

I really love vegan foods and actually seek them out, which is fairly easy in Los Angeles.

I also make a yummy cashew shake in my Vitamix that really helps me avoid ice cream (my ultimate weakness).
Coconut Water, Cashews, Chia Seeds, Vanilla Extract, Cacao, Dates, Cacao Nibs, Maca and Ice.

Reactions: Kendie26
I don't eat a lot of meat. Some chicken, sashimi and turkey. Not really red meet.

I really love vegan foods and actually seek them out, which is fairly easy in Los Angeles.

I also make a yummy cashew shake in my Vitamix that really helps me avoid ice cream (my ultimate weakness).
Coconut Water, Cashews, Chia Seeds, Vanilla Extract, Cacao, Dates, Cacao Nibs, Maca and Ice.
Oh YUM YUM in the tum! Thanks for your recipe as this sounds amazing & I'm going to try it! Always smile seeing your avatar pic JetSetGo!:biggrin:

Reactions: JetSetGo!
Sweet! Looks like another duo of amazing cookbooks....I'd love to see your entire collection of cookbooks clevercat (NO pressure!) as they all seem fantastic!:heart::flowers:
Ha! Aside from all the cookbooks I have stored on my iPad, I have around twenty books scattered throughout the kitchen and lounge. I read recipe books like they are novels, lol. Let me see if I can gather up the majority of them and I'll take a picture for you, Kendie.
Meanwhile - does anyone here use a rice cooker? Thoughts, pros/cons? I'm thinking of buying a tiny one - mainly because cooking rice in a saucepan here is not a relaxing, tranquil experience. The moment I set the timer, the cats decide to run around like lunatics, resulting in me spending a half hour curled protectively around the stovetop in an effort to stop them injuring themselves...

Ha! Aside from all the cookbooks I have stored on my iPad, I have around twenty books scattered throughout the kitchen and lounge. I read recipe books like they are novels, lol. Let me see if I can gather up the majority of them and I'll take a picture for you, Kendie.
Meanwhile - does anyone here use a rice cooker? Thoughts, pros/cons? I'm thinking of buying a tiny one - mainly because cooking rice in a saucepan here is not a relaxing, tranquil experience. The moment I set the timer, the cats decide to run around like lunatics, resulting in me spending a half hour curled protectively around the stovetop in an effort to stop them injuring themselves...

hehe finally i can contribute! the rice cooker is a must have for asian homes:smile: i can't imagine my life without it as rice is a staple for chinese...

it's so easy and your rice will never get burnt. some japanese models even comes with the option of a steaming rack, or even to cook porridge. i highly recommend the japanese brand zojirushi, if you can find one, japan made if possible (rather than thailand made). pricey but your rice turns out perfect every time

Reactions: Kendie26
hehe finally i can contribute! the rice cooker is a must have for asian homes:smile: i can't imagine my life without it as rice is a staple for chinese...

it's so easy and your rice will never get burnt. some japanese models even comes with the option of a steaming rack, or even to cook porridge. i highly recommend one!

Thank you so much! I'm off to Amazon now to place my order :biggrin:

the reviews looks good, but gosh rice cookers are so expensive in uk! my top of the range japan made zojirushi rice cooker is so much bigger and cost just around US$100?

now i know why tourists like to come Singapore to buy electronic goods and electric appliances [emoji39]

i wish i can ship my china made cute rice cooker(i use it at work sometimes for individual portions) to you! the voltage for uk and singapore is the same:smile:

Last edited: