VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the VCA website....based on this I think malachite requires loving care!

Maintaining your malachite:

As this stone is especially soft and thus fragile, Van Cleef & Arpels recommends protecting it from scratches and sharp blows.

Please avoid washing malachite in water, as this will remove its protective polish and alter its brilliance

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/article/3178/Malachite?page=1&grid=9
Thanks for the info .
I might ask VCA if they will offer a cleaning service for vintage alhambra Malachite because all jewellery needs cleaning from time to time .
But regardless I may throw caution to the wind and buy the magic long pendant as you can at least take the pendant off the chain to clean it.
I would love the long Magic pendant in white gold ,the thought of onyx or carnelian makes me :drool:

I don't know about the VCA stand alone boutiques, but I bought my LE blue sevres porcelain necklace at VCA's boutique at Galleries Lafayette. They processed the charge without VAT, contingent on receiving the forms back within the specified timeframe. If the forms weren't timely received, the VAT would be charged to my credit card. So unlike every other place I made purchases, I did not have to wait for the credit to show upon my card weeks later.

I would guess that all VCA stores would use the same system, but I wouldn't count on it. I bought items at two different Louis Vuitton stores and each used a different company to process the VAT tax refund. One company processed the return after about a month and the second took two months!

Thanks sbelle!

Status
Not open for further replies.