Variation in the leather

1. I was in the neighborhood of my local B-bag store (Shirisse's in Glencoe) today so I stopped in to check out what was new. The SA was new and unfamiliar with B-bags so I was mostly guessing colors unless she and I read the tag for sure. I couldn't believe the variation the leather of the bags I saw. I saw one anthracite that looked completely navy blue. I saw two bags (a first and a day with giant silver hardware) that were both (I assume) ivory. The leather couldn't have been any more different. The day was stunning...the leather was smooth and consistent and felt like butter. I was tempted. The first was veiny and the color was not consistent. I was not tempted at all.

I also saw some brown /marroon (spell?) looking Days. The leather variation on those was unbelievable too. One of the bags had such different leather, if I didn't know it was an authentic bag, I would have questioned it. I remember someone saying that Daphne at BNY said that the tomato bags had a lot of variation in the leather.

I can't imagine it was more than those I saw today.

2. I have recently been sold a Day by Selfridges ( a very trustworthy supplier) at a knock down because of its odd colour.

Tagged up as black, it is definitely dark green. This includes leather that was hidden from the light so cannot be due to fading.

It is a lovely soft bag.

I was seeking a dark green bag so this pleased me a great deal!

3. I have recently been sold a Day by Selfridges ( a very trustworthy supplier) at a knock down because of its odd colour.

Tagged up as black, it is definitely dark green. This includes leather that was hidden from the light so cannot be due to fading.

It is a lovely soft bag.

I was seeking a dark green bag so this pleased me a great deal!