Van Cleef Alhambra necklace -- a good everyday necklace?

1. Hi ladies,

I have always loved the Van Cleef Alhambra necklace, especially in turquoise. However, is this a necklace you can wear everyday, or would it be weird to, since it's not very subtle?

When I think of an everyday necklace, I imagine a discreet little pendant on a chain, or a set of pearls.

What do you ladies think?

Also, does anyone know the price of the turquoise short-strand necklace? I think the last time I checked it was around $5K.

2. I wear a single motif everyday. I save my 6 motif for special occasions.

3. I, too, love the VCA turquoise motif pendants, but for me that color and style wouldn't work for everyday. I'd wear it whenever I got the chance, though.

4. I agree with this approach. Also, if you have a single motif maybe you can get more than one color?

5. Natalie Morales was wearing the single motif in MOP (mother of pearl) today. It was so gorgeous I was drooling!

6. I think the single motif in mop would make a good, everyday pendant.

7. I don't think that any color is good for everyday wear unless it's white (i.e. pearl) or clear (i.e. diamond).

8. I noticed it too on her. IT looked so pretty. Any idea the cost of this necklace? And does it come in the mother of pearl and the black one too?

Thanks!

9. A single motif necklace is perfect for everday, it comes in white or yellow gold with different motifs

This is in yellow gold and white mother of pearl
    [​IMG]
    And this is in white gold and turquoise
    [​IMG]

I think the price range is between $ 1800-2200

10. There is the plain gold ( white or yellow ) single motif necklaces
    [​IMG]

11. If you want more than a single clover necklace, i would suggest : The 10 clover Vintage Alhambra necklace in yellow gold and white mother of pearl.
    BTW This one is available in turquoise and yellow gold
    [​IMG]
    This one is around $ 4200
    And another beautiful piece is this 6 clover Magic Alhambra necklace
    [​IMG]
    This one is around $ 5000
    Visit the VCA jewelry reference forum, lots of pics are there from various Alhambra collections. Godd luck:smile:

12. I love the 10 clover and think it would be great as a everyday piece. I have been coveting that one a long time