Value of Limited Edition Items...Up??

1. With LImited Edition items, are they a good financial investment, meaning will you eventually be able to sell it for more than you paid because the demand is there? Obviously it would depend on the item. But let's say the patent coin purse, which I understand is no longer available. If one purchased that, would they be able to sell it for more than they paid? I know a lot of you love that, so I'm using that as an example.

It seems like there's the possibility of competing with my husband in investments...he does the stock market, I do COACH. So help me out here, is this a good argument for buying, I mean investing, in more COACH?:wlae:
  2. I would say it depends on the item. You have more to gain when the item first drops an initially sells out. But with most fashion items the money to be made is while they are in style.

Now you may run into someone who really really wants an item and will over pay but those people are few and far between.

Example I had picked up a Scarf Print large Tote (the pink and brown one) from a year or two ago. Anyway my girl thought it was to big. When I went to exchange it the salesperson mentioned the one I was returning was sold out and I should try and sell it before returning it. I did just that sold it on E-bay for $200 over what I had paid for it.

I have seen the same bag 3 or 4 times in the last 9 months and they have been 100-200 below retail.
  3. Truthfully, I would say no, it isn't worth it. I collect dolls. Started with Barbie worked my way to other ones. I was lucky when I sold my Barbies that I hit right when the market was really good ($1500 for a $150 doll, cha-ching!). Had I waited a few months I wouldn't have had that much luck.

Seriously, buy something because you love it, not because it will go up in value. If it goes up in value, that's always a good thing, but you can't rely on the fact that it will, because especially with a fashion item, it most likely won't.
  4. I sure hope so.
  5. I hope so, I bought 2 coin purses, 1 green and 1 red. Once I received them I realized they are just not me... too shiny and prissy for me, I can't decide if I should return them or hang on to them for a while as an investment.
  6. Try and dump them while they are hot. If you dont make more then return them.
  7. It has its moments. It's quite unpredictable really. But say I scored my Coach Scarf Print tote for $105 last year at the outlets. They went as high as $250 on eBay and still is going that high. That's limited edition. But let's say Coach Satin Top Handle edition too but barely goes higher than what it went for at the outlets.
  8. i kind of feel like if you can get an amazing discount at an outlet then its totally worth picking up cause if its a great outlet price you can prob get more then you paid

but i dont think i would pay retail on an item just in hopes that iw ould sell it for more cause u never know :smile: