Valentino Rockstud caged flats (questions)

Hello ladies! I'm so happy I just found this thread because I've been having a hard time deciding whether to get a pair of the caged flats or just go with the kitten heel. I already own two pairs or the kitten heel and find them very very comfortable!

From all your comments I understand that the flats are not too comfortable but I'd still like to give them a try...or should I not? Haha :P I'm a size 8 in the kitten heel, should I go down half a size for the caged flats? Aaaah I don't know what to do!

Thank you!

I'm a TTS Italian 35 with narrow to medium feet, and I got a 35 in the Noir caged flat (matte leather).

It wasn't comfortable at first, it really needs to be broken-in. My pair had just started to soften after about a dozen of wears.

To break-in my pair, I started walking around the house in them with thin socks. Heel grips and those things you stick to your shoes to prevent rubbing helped too.

I walk differently in them to avoid forming an unsightly crease and lessen the chances of the tip
of the shoe getting scraped by concrete. I couldn't exactly describe how the walk is, but basically I walk like I'm skating, with my heel landing first LOL [emoji23]

Thanks. I have just bought some heel grips and they still feel loose. It helps a little bit still not fitting as comfortably as I would like.

Matte leather ones I am finding the leather is very stiff and whilst back is skipping, toe box still fairly tight.

This is so frustrating after spending this money on shoes.

Does anyone else have any experiences to share or advice to give?

Shall I just resell on eBay or are these shoes never going to be ones for comfort?

Hi, did you ever get these to fit? I am wanting to buy these exact shoes but cannot figure out my size. I wear 39 in Chanel, 38-38.5 in Jimmy Choo, 8-8.5 in Ferragamo, CLs can be 38.5-41! My feet are not wide. Are you similar to my size? Do you think I should try the 38.5 or 39? I like your style (the matte leather vs patent), but I think they might run larger than the patent? Thanks for any help!

I've gone up in the cage flats by 1/2 a size not down. 39 in heels and kitten heels, 39.5 in caged flats. In my own experience, the patent were more painful than the matte leather. My ivory patent were brutal and also creased a lot. All my other caged flats are great. My feet are on the narrow to average size.

Hi, can I ask what size you wear in Chanel, Jimmy Choo or Ferragamo? I want to get the matte RS flats, but can't figure out if I need a 38.5 or 39...or 39.5!

Hi, can I ask what size you wear in Chanel, Jimmy Choo or Ferragamo? I want to get the matte RS flats, but can't figure out if I need a 38.5 or 39...or 39.5!
I don't generally wear those brands. I have not bought Chanel in a while but my older ballerinas were a 39.5. My Louboutin size is usually 39.5 in most styles.

I don't generally wear those brands. I have not bought Chanel in a while but my older ballerinas were a 39.5. My Louboutin size is usually 39.5 in most styles.

Great, so your RS caged and non-caged flats were the same size as your older Chanel ballerinas and your usual CL size? I only have on CL that fits well, the 3.5" heel Mary Jane, and it is the same size as my Chanel size. I am 39 in all of these, so in RS flats I guess I should try 39? Thanks.

Great, so your RS caged and non-caged flats were the same size as your older Chanel ballerinas and your usual CL size? I only have on CL that fits well, the 3.5" heel Mary Jane, and it is the same size as my Chanel size. I am 39 in all of these, so in RS flats I guess I should try 39? Thanks.

On the non-caged flats, the sizing was different for me. They were very wide on me and fell off my feet. Only the caged flats were a 39.5. (Hope this makes sense, because I am confused typing it). I have found the caged flats are narrower than the regular flats.

As the original title of this thread was in reference to caged flats, I thought that was what you were asking about.

On the non-caged flats, the sizing was different for me. They were very wide on me and fell off my feet. Only the caged flats were a 39.5. (Hope this makes sense, because I am confused typing it). I have found the caged flats are narrower than the regular flats.

As the original title of this thread was in reference to caged flats, I thought that was what you were asking about.

Thanks, I was just getting confused reading the thread, whether the sizing is different or not between the caged and non-caged flats. I have a medium to narrow foot also and flats sometimes flop off my heel. It sounds like you are the same. It sounds like I would take my CL/Chanel size in the caged flats and maybe 1/2 size down in the non caged flats. Was that your experience?

Thanks, I was just getting confused reading the thread, whether the sizing is different or not between the caged and non-caged flats. I have a medium to narrow foot also and flats sometimes flop off my heel. It sounds like you are the same. It sounds like I would take my CL/Chanel size in the caged flats and maybe 1/2 size down in the non caged flats. Was that your experience?

I can't really respond to the non-caged flats sizing. I sold the pair I had and did not try going down in size. This style was just too wide for me.

I just got my first pair of RS caged patent flats last week. I am a 38 in Manolo and Louboutin. 37.5 or 38 in Prada. I went with a 38 in these. So far I haven't worn them except around the house. They seem comfortable so far........

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 853
I about to pull the trigger and order one of the caged flats online. These are not sold in my country, so I'm taking quite a risk by ordering without fitting the shoes.

My normal size is 9 for most American brands
I'm a size 8.5 for Tory Burch, size 41 for Lanvin, size 41 for Repetto and size 41 for Ferragamo.

What do you guys think my size in the caged flats would be? I also want to know if the ankle strap is roomy or tight? I have larger than normal ankles.